• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about Wishes from Poly Beach

Agreed that this special occasion fireworks is spectacular from the beach. The fireworks we saw from the Poly in 2007 were like the shot posted by BabyDovesx2, which I don't consider spectacular (from that distance).

thanks! Glad to hear that it's a good view from the beach. Bummer that the sound may not be great though. My husband is a big musician/sound person and I'm really trying to make a good first impression of Disney on him (I'm dragging him kicking and screaming for our first family trip there). Haven't bought plane tix yet but more than likely we'll land around noon so my tentative plan was to check in at Poly and lounge around and then go to the Aloha dinner (though it doesn't get great reviews) and then come out and watch the fireworks. I guess I assumed the Wishes show was at 8:00 for some reason but I guess the time varies. Anyway....I really want our first night to be special to get hubster out of his work funk and to really see that we're not dealing with no Six Flags here:rotfl2:
Anyone else have an opinion on the music/sound of wishes while at Poly?

When we were there for our honeymoon (Feb. 2009), our flight got in around 5:30pm and we went straight to the Poly. We had dinner at the CS restaurant and then headed out to the beach to watch Wishes. We loved watching the fireworks from there! Not very crowded and it was really romantic :) The sound wasn't the best, but maybe they have improved it since then? Above all, have a great trip! :wizard:

OP here,:wave2:
thanks everybody, now I'm more excited than ever! I was thinking that the Tues. night that we arrive we wouldn't be able to see the fireworks because it will probably be a Christmas party night but now it just occurred to me that there will still be fireworks, the Holiday ones! yipee. Thanks to the previous posters for reminding me of that. Is November ever going to get here!!!

thanks! Glad to hear that it's a good view from the beach. Bummer that the sound may not be great though. My husband is a big musician/sound person and I'm really trying to make a good first impression of Disney on him (I'm dragging him kicking and screaming for our first family trip there). Haven't bought plane tix yet but more than likely we'll land around noon so my tentative plan was to check in at Poly and lounge around and then go to the Aloha dinner (though it doesn't get great reviews) and then come out and watch the fireworks. I guess I assumed the Wishes show was at 8:00 for some reason but I guess the time varies. Anyway....I really want our first night to be special to get hubster out of his work funk and to really see that we're not dealing with no Six Flags here:rotfl2:
Anyone else have an opinion on the music/sound of wishes while at Poly?

My husband is a FIREWORK junkie and I'm hoping to see fireworks from the Poly on our first night to set the mood for our trip. And yes, he WAS kicking and screaming but he has finally given up and realized that this Disney trip IS happening so he might as well like it LOL :rotfl2: I already checked and Wishes is scheduled for our first night. :thumbsup2

We will be staying at the Poly in November and I've got a 2-part question.

First off, if we were to do the Spririt of Aloha show at 5:15 (I think that's right), we would certainly have time to get out on the beach to watch fireworks right?

Secondly, Can you "really" see the fireworks ok and do you actually see the "light show" and tinkerbell and all that on the castle? Sorry, I've only been once and didn't really notice how far the Poly was from the castle.
Thanks!

Hi,

I usually "lurk" these boards but I saw your questions and had to respond :)

Here are a couple of my pics taken from the Poly beach this past November. It was a great place to watch and would totally recommend it. I found the music volume to be just fine. Have fun!!

untitled.jpg

untitled1.jpg

wishes is best seen at this perspective i think. you can really see it and they play the music in sync. when we go stay at the poly, we sit and watch it maybe five times a night.

First time to WDW, If we are staying offsite is there somewhere we can park ( ok if we have to pay) and go watch fireworks from the beach? TIA

First time to WDW, If we are staying offsite is there somewhere we can park ( ok if we have to pay) and go watch fireworks from the beach? TIA

In many cases, you can park at the Poly's free guest parking, if you stay less than 3 hours.
Just tell the guard at the Poly's parking gate that you are going to watch the fireworks.
If there is enough room in the Poly lot, you should be fine.
If there is no room, you can ask about Valet parking $12, plus tip.)

If no room, you can park in the MK/TTC lot, which is right next door to the Poly ($14.)

Poly-TTC-Basic_101209.jpg

The Poly Beach view is spectacular!

Here's a photo I took from the Poly Beach-
MK Fireworks (MVMCP Christmas Finale)

Poly-Beach-Firewx-Cln.jpg

Below are links to my complete recording of MK's "Wishes" fireworks, shot from 6 different camera locations,
including the beach at the Poly.

Wishes - Magic Kingdom Fireworks - In 2 parts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdrj_yqyPjI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8g_G_5pfFQ

Turn up your speakers!

Loved the video and now can not wait , we are planning either the poly beach after 'Ohanas or doing the Wishes Dessert Party

Your the Best Robo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter