About to sign my contract..have ?

purple250

Mouseketeer
I am about to sign my contract for DVC. I bought direct from Disney. I decided to pick an aug use year. For the year of free points that they offer, will we get these extra points immediately or do we get these with our 2010 points in aug? thanks!

You will be getting your 2009 points now- they can either be banked to use after Aug 1st, or you can use them until Aug 1st. Or you can bank some and use some- your banking deadine should be soon at this point though so you will need to decide soon.

Just so you know these are not extra points but the 2009 points that are allotted to you- you get them because you are in your 2009 use year.

I am about to sign my contract for DVC. I bought direct from Disney. I decided to pick an aug use year. For the year of free points that they offer, will we get these extra points immediately or do we get these with our 2010 points in aug? thanks!
You will get the 2009 points as soon as Disney receives your signed documents and can get you into the system - it happens very quickly.

If you will not vacation before 7/31/2010, call MS and bank those "free" 2009 use year points into your 2010 use year. Then you will be able to use them for a vacation between 8/1/2010 and 7/31 2011 (just like the 2010 points).

Remember that as soon as you are in the system, you can call to make reservations. All of your points for all of the years will be in your account.

If you are up for a tutorial while you wait, check out this thread:

Understanding Use Year - Updated 1/31/2010

I know it's just a bit soon but

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELCOME HOME!

With all due respect to the PP's. I don't think that we can legally speak on Disney's behalf. The OP should contact their Guide and discuss their contract with them.

I am amazed that people will buy a resale contract and not contact their Broker with their questions, or buy direct and not contact their Guide, but they don't seem to have a problem asking strangers on the internet. :scared1:

:earsboy: Bill

I added on yesterday. I have an AUGUST UY. I also received 2009 points. Within an hour after hanging up with my guide, the points were in my account, banked at my request and used to make a reie in this August. Yes there are benefits to not going resale. By the way go ahead and sign the contract, but don't mail it. Wait and see if the pot is sweetened at the webcast next week:thumbsup2

With all due respect to the PP's. I don't think that we can legally speak on Disney's behalf. The OP should contact their Guide and discuss their contract with them.

I am amazed that people will buy a resale contract and not contact their Broker with their questions, or buy direct and not contact their Guide, but they don't seem to have a problem asking strangers on the internet. :scared1:

With all due respect Bill,

I certainly will ask my guide this question. The question popped into my head last night and I figured I would post on the boards to see if I could get an answer quicker since I would not be able to get in contact with him until Monday. This question would not make or break my decision to buy so its really not a huge concern to me. I would buy from Disney whether or not they offered me the 2009 points and I will not be using these points until way after August anyway. I've done my homework and have asked my guide all the questions I feel I needed to make an educated decision to buy. Thanks to all the other posters that took the time to answer my post nicely.

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy the points and with the August use year at least you have until the end of this month to bank 100% of your 2009 points.

Jason

With all due respect Bill,

I certainly will ask my guide this question. The question popped into my head last night and I figured I would post on the boards to see if I could get an answer quicker since I would not be able to get in contact with him until Monday. This question would not make or break my decision to buy so its really not a huge concern to me. I would buy from Disney whether or not they offered me the 2009 points and I will not be using these points until way after August anyway. I've done my homework and have asked my guide all the questions I feel I needed to make an educated decision to buy. Thanks to all the other posters that took the time to answer my post nicely.

Sorry if I offended you, that wasn't my intent. :goodvibes

Hundreds, if not thousands of people read these posts. You my not need my advice but there may be others that may benefit from it.

Some buyers have gotten disappointed because they read something here on the well meaning DIS :disrocks: and when they talk to their Broker or Guide, they are given different information. The point that I was trying to make is that the info provided here should be only used as a guide or suggestion. The only information that really matters is what's written in your purchase or sales contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter