...about the Mad T Party DJ

quantumottle

DIS Veteran
So my kids want to visit the Mad T Party next week, but they want to go when there is a DJ, as opposed to a live band.

It's difficult to find much in the way of scheduling or other info on this event. Does anyone know how it works, that is, when do they have DJ's and when do they featue live music?

Thanks!
:thumbsup2

The live band starts the Mad T Party off on the main stage. They play for close to an hour. During their breaks the DJ comes out to play music. Plus there are dancers, and a slinky on the other stage near the arcade. Glow attire is always cool when attending. Have fun!

When does the mad tea party start? Is it every night? Why are the suggested ages?

The Band times are listed in the Times Guide and have been consistent since opening. The DJ plays during the band's breaks. From last week's Times Guide:

Mad T Party
Nightly: 7:00pm to Park Close
Mad T Party Band: 7:05, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00pm.

The band plays sets around 25 min. long. And since the DJ comes out in between band's sets, the breakdown is something like this:

Band Set #1: 7:05 - 7:30pm
DJ Set #1: 7:30 - 8:00pm

Band Set #2: 8:00 - 8:25pm
DJ Set #2: 8:25 - 9:00pm

Band Set #3: 9:00 - 9:25pm
DJ Set #3: 9:25 - 10:00pm

Band Set #4: 10:00 - 10:25pm
DJ Set #4: 10:25 - 11:00pm

Note: at the mid-point of the DJ's set, there is a performance by "Who R U" (the aforementioned "slinky") that lasts for one song. It's a unique performance artist on the House of Cards stage that lasts for about 4-5 minutes. And then the DJ resumes spinning after this one song.

Caveat: I have never stayed at the Mad T Party past 10pm (I'm getting old!), but I assume the timing of the last set of the night is similar to the previous sets.

Does this take place on the Hollywood Backlot Stage?

It's back near Monster's Inc. You can't miss it really. Huge stages and signs around.

Yes, What Armadillo said about schedule -- We were there on a Saturday night, around 7 and the band played until 7:30ish and then they had other things on the other stage (DJ, slinky, tweetle dum and dee???)

We didn't stay long. Watched the band and the slinky a bit. Snuck a ride on Monster's Inc. and were outta there. It's fun, but DD wanted more rides.

IMG_2385.jpg

FlamingoMan.jpg

I call him Flamingo Man. He was VERY strange, we just had to watch. He kept that deadpan look on his face the entire time and didn't talk. He had this weird way of looking at people. One girl tried to stand next to him to get a picture with him. He took one side step towards her. She stepped away, he stepped closer again. He kept scooting over until she was completely hidden by wall of Monsters and he did a little dance now that he was "alone in the limelight". It was pretty funny. The next night we noticed there was someone different riding the flamingo but he didn't act the character the same way and he was talking and chatting with people. The first guy was definately more "mad". :rotfl2:

Oh, and we got some Mad Tea Party tokens to bring home to go with our Tron tokens. However, the games seem pointless to me. Seems like you should get tickets with Skee Ball, ect and at least get some little Mad Tea Party trinket.

I guess I wasn't there for the very start of the T Party when we were there, but when I was there, the band played for about 20 minutes at the top of the hour, and there was a mix of White Rabbit DJ, Who R U, and House of Cards dancers for the next 40 minutes until the band played at the top of the hour and the cycle repeated itself.

I follow one of the DJs on twitter and he said something about playing non-stop one night. I don't know if this is because the band wasn't available, if they are moving away from having 4 different shows in 1 hour, or I misread the tweet.

The DJ and the band play on 1 stage by Monster's Inc, the Tweedles, Who R U and the dancers use the other stage by the entrance back entrance heading toward ToT. Too much going on if you ask me....I'll take the DJ all night!

Thanks for all this info! I have a 6 year old who is a dancing fool. We watched some Mad T Party videos on Youtube the other day and she's been talking about it ever since. We'll be at the parks in October and she's INSISTING that we carve out some Mad T Party time. :)

Excellent info, Thanks!
The Band times are listed in the Times Guide and have been consistent since opening. The DJ plays during the band's breaks. From last week's Times Guide:

Mad T Party
Nightly: 7:00pm to Park Close
Mad T Party Band: 7:05, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00pm.

The band plays sets around 25 min. long. And since the DJ comes out in between band's sets, the breakdown is something like this:

Band Set #1: 7:05 - 7:30pm
DJ Set #1: 7:30 - 8:00pm

Band Set #2: 8:00 - 8:25pm
DJ Set #2: 8:25 - 9:00pm

Band Set #3: 9:00 - 9:25pm
DJ Set #3: 9:25 - 10:00pm

Band Set #4: 10:00 - 10:25pm
DJ Set #4: 10:25 - 11:00pm

Note: at the mid-point of the DJ's set, there is a performance by "Who R U" (the aforementioned "slinky") that lasts for one song. It's a unique performance artist on the House of Cards stage that lasts for about 4-5 minutes. And then the DJ resumes spinning after this one song.

Caveat: I have never stayed at the Mad T Party past 10pm (I'm getting old!), but I assume the timing of the last set of the night is similar to the previous sets.

Y'all know the 'DJ' is just for show right? All that music is preset. He doesn't even need to be there.

Y'all know the 'DJ' is just for show right? All that music is preset. He doesn't even need to be there.

Well the MAD T PARTY would not be complete without a "White Rabbit"!

I think it's so cool!

Whenever we are at DCA, we always head over to see the WHITE RABBIT just before the Mad Hatter comes on to perform! :thumbsup2

The teenage grandkids really enjoyed it. I stayed on the fringe of the area, while they were in the mix.

It was very loud! Sure wish I had some earplugs.

Geemo

I've only stayed to see the last set once (on the 24-hour day) and it ran about 45 minutes (the early set was about 25 minutes as noted). They did encores, which added time to the set.

On a related question, if DCA closes at 10:00 pm, is the band's last set at 9:00 pm or 10:00 pm? I can't remember and I don't have any old entertainment guides handy!

I've only stayed to see the last set once (on the 24-hour day) and it ran about 45 minutes (the early set was about 25 minutes as noted). They did encores, which added time to the set. On a related question, if DCA closes at 10:00 pm, is the band's last set at 9:00 pm or 10:00 pm? I can't remember and I don't have any old entertainment guides handy!

Mad T Party closes with the park so when DCA closes at 9 the band sets are 6:05, 7 and 8 - when DCA closes at 10 the sets are 6:05, 7, 8, and 9,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter