? about the building of The Fantasy ?

ILoveDisney&Cruising

<font color=peach>DVC member since 2006 ... wish w
On "The Dream" segment on GMA this morning, they mentioned that it took 4 years to build The Dream.

Have they already started building the Fantasy? Just wondering how it will be ready by 2012?

The Dream might have taken 4 years to build from the planning stage to final assembly. The Keel was layed last year though. Fantasy is cruising April 2012 and the Keel has not been layedas far as I figure out.

Yeah, I was wondering if it was one of those things where, after you build one, the next one goes faster ...

They have already started cutting steel and fabricating parts for the Fantasy, but have not yet started assembling them. I would imagine building the second nearly identical ship would go smoother and faster as they have probably resolved many of the problems that arise the first time through.

The first steel was cut several months ago, and they are constructing the first of her building blocks. The Celbrity Silouhette is in the dock now, and as soon as she get to a certain percentage complete, well see the Fantasys blocks brought out and staged. If I had to guess, it would be around Mrch or so, before we start to see the Fantasy show up on MW webcam, like the Dream did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter