• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about The Baths at Tortola

Tigger1313

Mouseketeer
Do they have Snorkeling equipment to rent, or should I bring my own? At the beach level is there some place to get food or will i have to climb up to the restaurant. TIA

We were on the first cruise to Tortola so forgive me in case I am wrong but no food at beach level. The only group I saw actually snorkeling was our group who entered the Baths from the beach and not up above. We did not take a DCL excursion but booked through Patouche Charters. Hope that helps a little bit anyway.

We took the ferry over & back on our recent NCL cruise. Where the trail comes down from the parking/taxi area there's a little bar. I think they might have some food. We brought granola & trail mix for the day, tho. I don't think we saw rental snorkel equipment. The restaurant at the top has a fresh water pool so taking a quick dip before heading back could be a nice option.

We are currently searching for a private charter for next May. I'm not doing the ferry again.

We took the ferry over & back on our recent NCL cruise. Where the trail comes down from the parking/taxi area there's a little bar. I think they might have some food. We brought granola & trail mix for the day, tho. I don't think we saw rental snorkel equipment. The restaurant at the top has a fresh water pool so taking a quick dip before heading back could be a nice option.

We are currently searching for a private charter for next May. I'm not doing the ferry again.

Hi Sweetpee! Could you please come back and report on your charter experience when you go in May please? We are hoping to go in December 2016 and would love some recommendations. Thanks!

I HIGHLY recommend Patouche Charters as I mentioned above for those of you wanting to do it on your own. That's who we used on the first DCL cruise to Tortola.

I HIGHLY recommend Patouche Charters as I mentioned above for those of you wanting to do it on your own. That's who we used on the first DCL cruise to Tortola.
That's who I've got a quote from. $1500 + tip. We have 6 people but may be adding 3 more. I think if I don't find a better option we may just buck-up and pay it. I just don't see myself doing the ferry & transfer again. ;)

Yes they have a limited menu...burger,hotdog fries and a few other items along with soft drinks and beer/mix drinks

That's who I've got a quote from. $1500 + tip. We have 6 people but may be adding 3 more. I think if I don't find a better option we may just buck-up and pay it. I just don't see myself doing the ferry & transfer again. ;)
YIKES. That's a lot of $$$ but it was a very nice trip if it makes you feel any better.

Yes they have a limited menu...burger,hotdog fries and a few other items along with soft drinks and beer/mix drinks

I thought I remembered smelling a cookout. ;)

YIKES. That's a lot of $$$ but it was a very nice trip if it makes you feel any better.

It is. But, I think it's worthwhile. Especially if my inlaws are going. I think the ferry + transfer + walk down & back up the trails might be a bit much for them.

I thought I remembered smelling a cookout. ;)

It is. But, I think it's worthwhile. Especially if my inlaws are going. I think the ferry + transfer + walk down & back up the trails might be a bit much for them.
Not sure if this is still the case but I do know that we snorkeled up to the beach. You are not docked. Patouche is anchored in the water a small swim distance from the beach. I thought I better let you know in case that makes a difference with your in laws.

Not sure if this is still the case but I do know that we snorkeled up to the beach. You are not docked. Patouche is anchored in the water a small swim distance from the beach. I thought I better let you know in case that makes a difference with your in laws.
I am thinking the swim would be easier than the trails. Definitely something we thought about. We saw the boats at Devil's Bay. Looked like a better way to roll!

For those of you with Tortola experience, is there any way at all that it would be possible to do the dolphin encounter AND the baths? We are REALLY wanting to fit both into the day, but do not want to do the dolphin encounter from St. Thomas.

For those of you with Tortola experience, is there any way at all that it would be possible to do the dolphin encounter AND the baths? We are REALLY wanting to fit both into the day, but do not want to do the dolphin encounter from St. Thomas.
Personally, I don't believe that would be possible.

I was wondering this too. My daughter really wants to do the dolphin swim and I'd love to tour the island or go to the beach. I'd like for us to meet up afterwards and do the latter all together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter