• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about Splash Mtn...

zippy doo dah

DIS Veteran
I know I've gotten pretty wet from Splash Mtn in WDW - but I saw in a previous thread below that a person was soaked from head to toe (shoes included). So I was wondering if I'll get so soaked that I should bring a change of socks and shoes??

Stupid question I know and I can take getting soaked, but I just can't take walking around in sloshing shoes for too long or my feet will really start to hurt.

Thanks in advance.

Last week my son got REALLY soaked. LOL It was hot and he seemed to dry off pretty quickly though.

Wouldn't hurt to bring in an extra pair of socks and shoes if it will be too much of a problem for you though!

I know I've gotten pretty wet from Splash Mtn in WDW - but I saw in a previous thread below that a person was soaked from head to toe (shoes included). So I was wondering if I'll get so soaked that I should bring a change of socks and shoes??

Stupid question I know and I can take getting soaked, but I just can't take walking around in sloshing shoes for too long or my feet will really start to hurt.

Thanks in advance.

yeah that person was me. however i was in the very front of the log, the wettest seat in the house. if you sit in the middle of back you don't get that wet. but yeah it doesn't hurt to bring a change of clothes with you in a backpack. my g/f got soaked and changed her shorts and shirt. me on the other hand walked around soaked for a few hours.:)

My limited experience is that Splash at MK is "wetter" than DL. At MK they have water shooters designed specifically to get you wet. They do not have these at DL. I have ridden Splash at DL many times and did get soaked once. But usually it is not as bad as MK IMO.

I hate the sloshing. The worst is wet denim. It takes forever to dry. How about getting those extra large ziploc bags for the footwear. You can fit a few families worth of shoes in that.

We carry one large gallon size for cameras and phones.

Crocs! Waterproof, odorproof, dry off in minutes! They're the answer to everything...except fashion!!:rotfl:

I hate the sloshing. The worst is wet denim. It takes forever to dry. How about getting those extra large ziploc bags for the footwear. You can fit a few families worth of shoes in that.

We carry one large gallon size for cameras and phones.

yeah don't wear any jeans or jean shorts when riding splash. i wore my dickies shorts, and they dried pretty fast. also mesh type shorts will try fast as well. but not any sort of jean product. they take forever to dry and feel super heavy.

But seriously, where did you find these?:scratchin

My sister bought them for me for my birthday, so I'm not sure exactly where she got them. They can be found LOTS of places now. Amazon.com has them. I hear WOD sells them. If you do a general froogle search for Disney Crocs you'll see them all over the place.

Mine are the "pearl/pink" version and oh so posh! :cutie:

My sister bought them for me for my birthday, so I'm not sure exactly where she got them. They can be found LOTS of places now. Amazon.com has them. I hear WOD sells them. If you do a general froogle search for Disney Crocs you'll see them all over the place.

:cutie:

I am soooo there!

Thanks! :flower3:

Both of my DDs have matching Pink/Pearl Disney Crocs :) They are in my avatar. We'll all be wearing 'em when we arrive at DL on Tuesday! :cool1:

I was reading this & it totally reminded me that I will be bringing some extra socks for this very reason! (Yeah, I'm going against all better fashion advice & I think I'm committing the cardinal sin of planning to wear my MJ Crocs w/socks :rotfl2: )

Plus, a good idea would be to bring a large ziploc bag to seal electronics in during wet rides (camera, pda, cell, etc).

In 2004 we came off splash and went and had our photos with Winnie and Tigger, end result was a photo of me and Tigger with me looking like I had wet my pants!!!!! In 2006 we were wise to this and wore black poly cotton shorts and shirts, end result we didn't look wet even though we were and we dried off in about 15 minutes. Good shoes will alleviate the wet feet syndrome. Yes you do get very wet in the front, but if your log is totally full you will get wet further down the log as well.

Did they change the ride in the last 8 years? I got on it for the first time in 8 years recently and never ever remember getting as wet as I did now. I was soaking wet! It seems as if they added more "SPLASH" to Splash Mountain. :eek:

2 more people means more weight which means more splash, we noticed a big change from 2004 when it was only 4 people...

I'll vouch for the crocs too! Bought them at the WOD after my feet were hurting SO bad from walking 2 days at DL. Those things felt like heaven! Mine are black (they have Pirate ones, black and red at the WOD). I don't know, red just seemed funny on me! I'd love some pink ones, and will probably get another pair at some point. I don't plan on wearing any other shoe at DL besides crocs now!

They do dry off real fast too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter