? about Spirit of Aloha at Poly

bookgirl

DIS Veteran
I get that this is served family style (platters come to the table instead of ordering individual plates) but I have a couple of questions:

Do they bring you everything or do you pick what they bring you or do you get like one pick from each catagory for everyone at the table?

Do you have to share tables with others (like on a cruise ship where there are tables of 6-10 and they put that many people at the table whether you know each other or not) of do you get your own table for just your party (we'd be 2 or 3)?

What the heck is Polynesion rice?

It says book 90 days out is that just for non-resort guests and it's really 180?

Or is it 180+10 and what is 180+10 anyway?

Anyone know what this is? Na Keiki Variety Boxed Meal

Thanks.

I have some of the answers for you:

For seating, it's rows of tables where you sit on one side or the other, but not at the ends.
They seem to have about 2' between tables for each party
(I guess just enough for you to move to the other side of the table).
So, you're not sitting with people you don't know, there's a space between your table(s) and theirs.

As you're seated they bring out the food on footed stands:
They automatically bring out large portions to leave on your table, and you/your party serves themselves.
If you want more of anything, you just let your server know.
First comes the Fresh yummy pineapple, cut & served in the skin,
as well as the salad with a mmm lime dressing, and a dropdead coconut pineapple bread.
(I had more pineapple, and I think more salad brought out)
Then comes the platter with rice, veggies, chicken, and ribs.
I didn't waste time on the starch, ate my veggies like a good girl,
and otherwise focussed on the meats (& salad, pineapple and the beer
.... my server auto brought out another beer when I was down to the last quarter
... 3 beer went down wayyyyy too easily! lol)
Dessert was a choc mousse thing (I'm not into mousses/puddings,
can't offer a subjective opinion, but it was quite nice looking! lol)
It was a lot of food!
I've (hopefully) attached 2 photos!

Dang, I'm hungry now.

The 180 +10, as I understand it, is for WDW resort guests only.
Once you're 180 days from start date of your reservation,
you can make reservations for the 1st 10 days of your reservation.

The boxed meal thing is for children, but other than that, I dunno!

It was a great use of 2 TS credits!
CIMG3936.jpg

CIMG3942.jpg

oh, and this is a closeup of the dessert as served to the table next to me...
lol, just wanted ye to know my arms aren't that hairy! lol.

So, party of 4 = got 4 of dessert.
me, party of 1 = 2 of dessert.

oh, and this is a closeup of the dessert as served to the table next to me...
lol, just wanted ye to know my arms aren't that hairy! lol.

So, party of 4 = got 4 of dessert.
me, party of 1 = 2 of dessert.

Great info thanks,

I was so busy looking at the dessert I didn't even notice the hairy arm:rotfl:but then had to go back and look after your post.

My ex sister in law is trying to convience me that Hoop Dee Do would be so much better but I'm from cowboy country and tropical and the hulu just sounds soooooo much better with dinner than country and western yee haw, I can get that here at home.

I did both (and will be doing both again this Fall), and while both were enjoyable, the Poly event was just nicer.... a bit more refined perhaps (as refined as you can be while wearing crocs.... lol)

We're doing this on honeymoon. So many people have tried to convince us to the HDDR, but for the first night on our honeymoon, I wanted something tropical.

Wanted to add an update:
180 + 10 is not just "Once you're 180 days from start date of your reservation, you can make reservations for the 1st 10 days of your reservation"

It's for the 1st day of Vacay plus next 10 days.I arrive on Sep 28. As per the ADR calculator, my 180 window opened on 1 Apr. When I went to the online ADR system on 1 Apr, it let me book for
and 8!

I hadn't realized that before.

i know that they just throw out what you don't eat.. if you bring your own little container or zip loc or something can you take your leftovers home?
LOL I know I probably sounds funny asking this it's just i'm sure that we will have a ton of leftovers and would love it for a snack the next day ;)

i know that they just throw out what you don't eat.. if you bring your own little container or zip loc or something can you take your leftovers home?
LOL I know I probably sounds funny asking this it's just i'm sure that we will have a ton of leftovers and would love it for a snack the next day ;)

At buffets and all you can eat places (like the luau) they don't let you take left overs home. I assume because people would eat their first helping, ask for more and then want to take it home. It's all you can eat while you are there.

It's like $55 something for 1st catagory (that's the seating in front on floor level)... with tax I think I paid around 200 for three adults. It has to be prepaid. I also think that included tip. Have to go back and look at that now. We're going on a Tuesday evening early seating and I actually did not book till after my window had been open for a few days and had no problem getting the reservation even with free dining.

My ex-sil kept trying to get us to Hoop Dee Do, but we can get really good barbecue anytime at home. Hulu dancers and fire twirlers are way more appealing...LOL

ETA: Just checked it is around 55, they sometimes show 59.99 but when you get your break down they show the seats being like 55.79, then they add tax and they add tip.

Thinking about Luau for October trip. This will be my first time. Which category is better...1 or 2? Thanks for any advice!!

Sorry. What do the different categories mean again?

Paying in cash you get to choose which Catagory you would like to sit in, with Cat 1 being the highest.

That is 1st tier middle of the audience to the stage.

Cat 2 was like the back row of the 1st tier and the first row of the 2nd tier plus the middle of the second tier.

Cat 3 was the very sides of the stage 1st tier and the sides and back of the 2nd tier.

On the Dining plan this is two (2) TS credits per person, and you only choose between Cat2 and Cat3.

Found the chart, I was close but Cat 2 on the first tier is also on the sides of the stage.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/disneys-spirit-of-aloha-dinner-show/seating-prices/

We've gone to the luau four times: 3 in cat 1 and once in cat 2. My family MUCH prefers cat. 1....of course, it's more expensive....but they think it's very much worth the extra $$. Amazing views of the entire show from these seats.

I've been to the Luau several times and I agree that the closer to the center you are the better the view. And the better the view, the more enjoyable the show will be. Definitely worth the money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter