?? about resorts

tjp78

Earning My Ears
Hi we are planning on taking our 4 year old again this 2005 summer probably some time in july due to hubbies vacation days. Anyway we stayed off site at a cheap hotel the last time. I really want to stay at the contemporary or floridian, but they are so expensive. I have also checked out the swan/dolphin. I guess what i would like to know is we want to be able to just get on a short boat trip or the monrail rather than having to ride the bus or drive. Is there any other resorts or hotels cheaper that offer this. Can we get by on lets say 1400.00 on 6 night stay at these resorts.(not including tickets)

I did notice the swan/dolphin is within walking distance of the epcot so we could just walke to there or ride there boat to there & get on the monrail, but then again late at night carrying a sleeping 50lb child is really a pain. We are just trying to get something better that we want but still save some money so we can spend more days there.

any help would be so great.

This is no Disney Resort that allows you to avoid the bus ride to at least one park.

Animal Kingdom is only accessible by bus or car.

Magic Kingdom is accessible by bus, car, ferry and monorail.

Epcot is accessible by bus, car, boat and monorail.

MGM is accessible by bus, car, and boat.

An Epcot area resort is a good choice, as you can take a boat or walk to Epcot and MGM, and if you want to, you can walk thru Epcot to get to the monorail and switch to the MK monorail to get to the MK or take the ferry. It can be quite a hike to walk thru Epcot.

Can your 4yo still ride in a stroller?

Yes she can still ride in a stroller. Do you know approx. what it would cost for us to stay in the floridian or contemporary. I don't mind riding the bus a little. We spent most of our time at the magic kingdom & epcot the last time. We plan on going to the others more this time though. I think i noticed that the rooms start at about $200.00 a night. Is there any discounts that i might be able to get.

I am just trying to find out information before i go & book the vacation. The last time i just booked a cheap hotel & bought tickets at the gate. I really want to get this all taken care of in advance. Also so i can pay for this through the next several months until we go as well.

after July 5 is value season - so don't go until after July 5 at the deluxe resorts.

the Cont is $244 per night - so with a 20% discount maybe $200 - so around $1,332 with the taxes.

watch the mousesavers for the discount codes information. do you have a AAA? WDW has discounts now for this organization.

otherwise just watch mousesaver - I would go ahead and make your reservations just make 5 nights until codes comes out.

there are new tickets too.

If you could stay at the GF or another monorail resort, it is certainly worth it. Possibly decrease your length of stay by one night. Or just plunge ahead and start saving now for the extra $$ it will cost you.
You are so lucky to be able to do this, I'd say do it up right!!
:cool1:

Thanks for all the advice, but with my hubbys vacation days falling we don't have to but it would be better if we go June 26 - july 1 though,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter