• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about Magic Kingdom family of the day???

luvmyredheadboys

Mouseketeer
I have noticed a few threads about the rope drop and being the family of the day for magic kingdom and all the families are a family of 4! Do they only pick families that are 2 parents and 2 kids? Not that we would ever get picked but we have 3 boys (12,8,4) and 1 girl(2months) but I was just curious as to if any other family size was ever picked? My kids get picked out alot like if we are on a cruise or a dinner show and for other things because they stand out with the fire red hair that they all have very social personalities:rolleyes1 but I was just curious since all the pics I have ever seen are just with 2 kids. Thanks just wondering:confused3

April

We are a family of 5. Two boys and one girl. My children are all VERY outgoing and maybe had something to do with us getting chosen. :)

We didn't get picked at WDW, but got picked twice at DLR: once to open Disneyland park, and once for the rope drop at California Adventure. We have three kids, two girls and a boy. The girls are identical twins though, and to be honest I think that had something to do with it. I did have them dressed in matching when they got picked for the DCA thing.

When we were at MK rope drop in October, the family who was chosen was a family of 6 - in matching shirts.

We've never been picked at WDW, but we did get picked at Universal last time we went. We are a family of 4 and we weren't doing anything special just sitting eating a snack before the gates opened. It was it was a great experience plus we were the first ones to the HP ride. :)

I asked this same question not that long ago and was told that family's of all sizes get picked. I was curious to how good of a chance my hubby and I have b/c we don't have kids. I think it just depends on the CM that day and who stands out to them or who looks the cutest.;)

I asked a question similar to that as well about a year ago. I can't answer for Magic Kingdom (although I'm pretty sure they always chose families with small children there), but at Epcot on Halloween 2009, I got picked as 'family' of the day - even though I was there by myself! So, you never know...

Here's a post with my experience: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2324078&highlight=epcot

Not long ago someone asked about the odds of a couple with no children being picked (they may have posted on this thread), and there were reports from those who had seen couples picked on a few occasions. Usually the couples chosen were celebrating something like a honeymoon or anniversary though.

We would LOVE to get picked for this special experience! We will be at WDW VERY soon :banana::banana: with our 2 young daughters and my husband's parents. His parents are both in their 80's and have NEVER been to WDW! Would be sooo cool to be picked and start their magical vacation in that special way... :rolleyes: All we can do is try...and then be envious of the family that gets to do it! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter