• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about Kenny - Tee Time

betmust

Mouseketeer
So I am just trying to plan a fall trip to the Fort and wondered where things stood with Kenny.

I wondered if anyone has rented from him recently and how everything went.

I have rented from Kenny for the past 6 years and never had a bit of trouble. Really would like to rent from him if possible..

Thanks for any input..

Well, I would say if you have rented from him for the past 6 years and had a good experience each time, then he has a pretty good track record. We rented from him in February and, as usual, it was a great experience. No problems at all with Kenny.

There have been reports you now have to meet him off site and pull a trailer with the golf cart on it back to The Fort.

Thanks. I have been reading about how they are making it more difficult for him so I didn't know if he was still around...

We just returned from the fort and rented from Kenny as we have for the past several years. No issues here, the same good service as always.

I have a reservation with Kenny made a year ago for two carts, but not until October! Hope he can honor that one.

My experience last October was with Central Florida Golf Carts, (who I DO NOT recommend, BTW). Their method was to call and have you meet at the nearby pet kennel (Best Friends Pet Care) parking lot. Then they would get a KTTW card from you (you were supposed to bring an extra one for them). That way they could get in to drop off and pick up the cart.

Thanks again for the heads up! :hippie:

I guess I will call Kenny tomorrow.

I would really like to be able to give him the business. Thru many talks I have had with him, he is a very giving man - gives golf carts to his church to use as needed for functions, hard working family man. I just hope he can keep up with the demand he has and things keep working for him.

I just spoke with Kenny last week. I reserved a golf cart for a client staying at the Fort in October. He did not mention anything about operating different than he has in the past. Now you guys have me a little worried that I need to call and ask about the client having a way to get the cart from him...:confused3

Jennifer

I called 2 days ago....no call back. I used another golf cart rental place. I really liked Kenny :(

As I mentioned before, we just got back from the fort and rented from kenny. It was business as usual. I did not have to meet him anywhere to pick anything up. When I arrived I was informed where the cart was and when we left I was informed where to drop it off. We also have friends that arrived today at the fort and they never had to pick anything up offsite.

My home phone # comes up a private on a caller ID. I called him a number of times a few years ago and got no answer. I tried again and took the block off my number and he answered. He told me if the ID comes up private he does not answer the phone. Just so people know...

As I mentioned before, we just got back from the fort and rented from kenny. It was business as usual. I did not have to meet him anywhere to pick anything up. When I arrived I was informed where the cart was and when we left I was informed where to drop it off. We also have friends that arrived today at the fort and they never had to pick anything up offsite.

Happy to hear this as I wasn't sure if we should even contact him. Sent him an email after reading this so hopefully I will hear from him soon!

We rent from him every year... just did this past August and have confirmations with him for upcoming July... no issues, as always.

Just spoke to TeeTime this week and booked for end of June for week. I asked the girl who I booked with about the delivery and she said that its no problem, it will be delivered to Fort Wilderness not outside. Fingers crossed it stays this way! :banana::cool1::thumbsup2

Now this is getting confusing. We get information that Disney is no longer gonna allow onsite delivery while the rentals are saying they will deliver onsite.

Somebody not keeping up...

We are arriving tomorrow. He confirmed we will be picking our carts up at the Fort. He is the best!! His prices and customer device are second to none.

I did talk to Kenny for quite awhile this past week. Booked for a week in November. Kenny assured me everything would be fine. Pick up as usual.

Good prices - good service as always...

I was told for our rental in October that we needed to meet offsite to pick up golf cart. Guess I need to call and figure out what's going on. If we do have to meet offsite, we are going to cancel :(

I think it boils down to who is renting in front of you and when.

if someone leaves on a sunday and someone arrives on a sunday, its cool.

if someone leaves on a sunday and someone arrives on a wednesday, the cart cant sit for three days in limbo.

Be patient and be flexible but Kenny only knows what the needs of the business are.

Cancel at your own risk and pay the Disney rate or go without. There has to be a little bit of play to allow for the unknowns and length of time between then and now.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter