? about Indiana Jones ride

MouseLover

DIS Veteran
I went on the Indy ride 3 times and loved it! It seemed like the exact same ride each time. I thought I had read on here to ride it multiple times because there were different outcomes. Did I miss something or did I just coincidentally get the same sequence each time?

A lot of the "combinations" are so subtle, no one in their right mind would even notice. It can be anything from a stall here...to rumbles there...different place for these things...

IMHO, the only true changes are the initial climb. That can be 3 different rooms, but in all likely hood, they were the same since I don't think the doors have changed in a couple of years...sometimes the room still changes even though you go through the same door....

What they mean by "different" ride, from what I understand is like what jxgriffi said. The car's movement has a lot of different combinations of movements. Also Indiana Jones has several diffrent "lines" that he say at the end. The visuals you see are always the same.

Yup, sometimes he just says the same things when you a pass. It's the luck of the draw. ;) As far as the three "tracks" at the beginning, were you talkingabout that too? Because that changes a bit differently.

The "3 tracks" I was referring too at the beginning of the ride...

Just after leaving "belt-check" you turn right to see 3 doors. It used to be that you would enter 1 of the 3 doors (not always the middle door). Each door had different lighting over Mara so you knew what was going to be on the other side. (Yes, I do know how the attraction works...but I'm not going into that right now). If I remember correctly, it was "Youth," "Treasure," and "Beauty (I don't know if this one is right)." Youth was one look in the climb...treasure was golden...I don't remember the last one.

Over the years, they turned off the actual doors so that you always went through the middle door. They turned off the lighting over the doors as not to confuse people. What I don't know is if they actually change the rooms to 1 of 3 choices. I ALWAYS get "Treasure." I don't think I've gotten any other room in the last 3 years.

That's all I was saying...hope that's clear as mud....

They still change the doors and the lighting. We rode twice in April and went through Youth (blue, I think) and Treasure (gold).

2 weeks ago, we rode 6 times. We went through the center doors every time but I heard 'Youth and Beauty' 4 times, treasure once and I missed the other one. (On our first ride.) The ride itself was virtually unchanged every time.

I did hear Indy make at least 2 different phrases at every station. (And I think I heard 3 different in the final one.)

jxgriffi said:
...If I remember correctly, it was "Youth," "Treasure," and "Beauty (I don't know if this one is right)." Youth was one look in the climb...treasure was golden...I don't remember the last one....

I don't remember the order or realize Mara had different colors based on which door you went into, but instead of beauty, I think the 3rd door was wisdom, future wisdom, future knowledge (the ability to see into the future)....or something like that.

I haven't been since Oct 2001. I am soo looking forward to our trip.....just 14 days from now.

jxgriffi said:
The "3 tracks" I was referring too at the beginning of the ride...
Hmm.. in Jan. when we rode it we ended up going through all three. Although they are the same... but technically we went on three different ones. ;)

I was sad to hear they no longer shifted so that you went into different doors. I'm glad to hear they still do this. It sounds like they may not always do it, huh?

The last time I rode it was 4 years ago. Even then you would have to come back later in the day for them to have shifted to a different door....youth, wealth, knowledge.

Baloo2003 said:
I was sad to hear they no longer shifted so that you went into different doors. I'm glad to hear they still do this. It sounds like they may not always do it, huh?

The last time I rode it was 4 years ago. Even then you would have to come back later in the day for them to have shifted to a different door....youth, wealth, knowledge.
No, I honestly just think it's the luck of the draw. It isn't that you only go through one door but instead the probability of going into each door once if you ride it three times. Same goes for what Indy says. Just the luck of the draw. ;)

The last several weeks the mechanism(s) that moves the doors (there's actually only one track) has been broken. I doubt they'll get around to fixing it at least until Space Mountain is fully operational, though I'd suspect fall would be more likely.

Thanks for the update. When we get back after July 24th, I will update if I see any change, cause you can count on me riding this several times during our stay. This is probably my favorite ride. Dinosaur in AK disappoints after riding Indy.

Baloo2003 said:
Dinosaur in AK disappoints after riding Indy.
This is how I felt when I fist went on Dinosaur since I have been on Indy so many times and went on it first.

Thank you for the update also. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter