? about Hungry Bear Restaurant

Staciebobacie

Earning My Ears
The last few times I have been to DLR, 2/04, 3/04 and 2/05, the Hungry Bear Restaurant has been closed or on a different schedule than other eateries. Does anybody who has been recently know if the place is up and running during lunch hours? I'm taking my kids to DLR for the first time this Thurs. and Fri. and really want to eat lunch in Critter Country. I know the food is nothing special but it was always my favorite place to eat as a kid and I want to share the experience.

Thanks.

Being that this is a holiday week, I would expect Hungery Bear to be open & operating the same/simular to all other eateries.

I've always loved eating over at the Hungry Bear. Generally we're over in that area of the park first, and even during the week, it was open around 10am or so. I can't remember when it hasn't been open, so if it is in fact closed, perhaps it's a new schedule?

EDIT: I just came across this photo I took. Thought I'd share.

2062935139_f40dc831cf_o.jpg

It should be open as the last several times I have been in the last few weeks it has been open for business. This week should be no different.

I agree with your feelings about Hungry Bear, when I was a kid I always liked how it felt a little secluded, atleast for DL! The food isn't anything special but I still enjoy sitting out by the edge and watching the Mark Twain go by!

Plus, it really is "critter country" with all the "wildlife" roaming around!

Thank you for the replies and the picture. I am so excited about our trip this week. My daughter is almost 3 and my son is only 8 months but I just can't wait to see their reactions. Hopefully it has just been my bad luck that the hungry bear hasn't been open the last few times.

I called dining services and asked once. Weekdays they are open until 4pm, and weekends until 9.

I liked their chicken sandwich, and DS loved the grapes that were provided. And so nice to have bathrooms right there. It was open everytime we went by.

Does this restaurant have the topping bar for the burgers like Cosmic Ray's at WDW?

Thanks!

Why are the bathrooms so great? Am I missing something?

They are just SUPER quiet and relatively unused in my opinion. They are downstairs, while the restaurant is upstairs, which leads to them not being used so much. They are clean, quiet, and quite spacious. We love using these bathrooms.

...... I just find it amusing, that when talking about the Hungary Bear, the bathrooms come into conversation. :goodvibes

They are just SUPER quiet and relatively unused in my opinion. They are downstairs, while the restaurant is upstairs, which leads to them not being used so much. They are clean, quiet, and quite spacious. We love using these bathrooms.

...... I just find it amusing, that when talking about the Hungary Bear, the bathrooms come into conversation. :goodvibes

Yeah....we've used those bathrooms a lot. I just wasn't sure if there was something about them I was missing...haha.

Sometimes the bathrooms in fantasyland...the ones just past village haus and on the way to the backside of frontierland....can be nice. It seems like a lot of pepole don't realize there are stalls on BOTH sides so the far side is empty.

You know, every time I've used the HB bathrooms they STINK.....so bad....so I tend to avoid them. Nothing like eating lunch and going to the bathroom and it smelling to high heaven, or even better going in to wash your hands before you eat and having it stink, totally makes me lose my appetite. YUK!

As for the restaurant, we eat lunch there pretty regularly, it's always been open around lunch for us. :) I wish they had a topping bar!!!! I do like the burgers but wish there was more goodies to put on them. I love my burgers with pickles and red onions. :) YUM! And I love the birds and cats that are always around, I do feed the kitties some of my meat but try to feed the birds only bun, potatoes aren't really that great for the duckies. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter