? About HP movies

Dee2013

Mouseketeer
I own duplicate copies of the Harry Potter films, but I still get excited when abcFamily has a Potter weekend!

So I know that when HP is on abcFamily, there are "exclusive" scenes. I would really like to have these movies as well, but cannot find anything regarding these extended versions or even director's version.

Anyone have any ideas to track down these longer versions?

I can't help at all, but every time I get a new DVR, the first thing I do it record the ABC Family versions, despite having all of the movies on DVD. I have to skip through commercials, but I like that version.

Is it sometimes the case that if you buy the Blue-ray version rather than the DVD version you get extended scenes or at least more 'stuff'?

Can you describe some of the scenes? We have editions with extra content and if you could describe things I could tell you if that sounds like something on our editions.

One that comes to mind off the top of my head is during Goblet of Fire (not part of the abcFamily marathons due to broadcasting rights to HBO- don't understand that!), but anyway- Snape and the guy from the all-boy wizard school are going from carriage to carriage during the Yule Ball catching students making out! They are discussing death eater stuff.

Another scene just happened during Chamber of Secrets when Harry and Ron find a letter to Filtch that describes him as a squib.

I may have imagined it, but I thought another scene was the Headless Ball and Sir Nicholas being upset about not being able to be a full member. (I might be just visualizing from my reading, but I could swear this was in a movie somewhere!)

There's other things, but I can't think of any right now.

Last edited:
I think the "TV" versions have the extended/added scenes because they were made/modified to fit the time slot for airing on the television. It seems like all the TV airings are the versions with the additional scenes.

I really hate that they never sold DVDs with the extended scenes imbedded in the movie (like Lord of the Rings). Having the extra scenes added as bonus features doesn't mean anything to us. We never watch any of the extras (well, maybe once) because it's all out of context.

Last edited:
I bought the extended versions of the first two movies on Amazon. I don't have the hard copies-just the digital ones that I can watch on my kindle or through my Roku box.

Chabs-
Thanks! I'll have to check it out further, although I haven't had much luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter