? about flight cost booked through Disney

PFW

Mouseketeer
I booked my vacation online with Disney including my room, dining plan and flights and had to pay over $900 deposit. Does that mean my flights are paid for and the price won't go up? The reason I'm asking is because I checked those flights on JetBlue today and they have gone up again.

Airline tickets have to be purchased in full at the time of booking thru Disney. Since Disney requires a $200 deposit -your airline tickets must have been around $700??

If you buy flights through Disney Reservations, you are paying a group fare rate and it is guaranteed, you cannot really compare it to online booking sites of the airlines or companies like Expedia. Additionally, you are almost always not eligible for credits if the price goes down on airlines like JetBlue or SWA.

Most people would advise that booking air as part of a Disney package it is usually not the most cost effective way to do so, you also give up your rights to make changes without having to work with your travel agent (Disney).

Also wanted to add that we purchased our airline tickets thru Disney last year and had no complaints - we got a great price and everything worked out fine.

As long as the price of my package doesn't go up I'm good. I've never flown before or booked flight tickets so I just let Disney do it for me. I have enough to think about.
Actually, the price of the flights through Disney was the same price that I got from the JetBlue website. I have been watching JetBlue prices on these 2 flights and they went up twice in the past 2 weeks. So, as soon as I got my tax refund back yesterday (Thanks Uncle Sam !) I went ahead and booked everything through Disney. Today, the price of those flights went up again. I'll stop looking at JetBlue now cause if they do down I don't wanna know LOL

I forget what the Disney Reservations rule is but you would want to check if a flight cancellation by the airline allows you to pick and choose other flights of your liking. If not then booking through Disney would not be that great an idea.

It would not be good if you have to accept an evening flight down (or pay more) when your morning flight was cancelled and when there was an open afternoon flight. (Or have to go home in the morning when your evening flight was cancelled.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter