??About dining plan

Andy2705

Earning My Ears
First time user!! Trip booked for May and
I am undecided about dining plan? Two Girls age13,not big eaters,my wife and I like to try different foods but always to cheep to order. It comes out to be 931.00 for 6 days, Please somebody make up my mind for me??? Also how does the dining plan work for, if you want to order a pizza at our hotel(Port Orleans Riverside) ,do you use only 1 counter service meal credit?? We love pizza after a day at the parks???
Thanks

I'm still playing with the idea in my mind. (We're four adults, next January.)

It's probably more money that we would spend otherwise, but not by much.
It'll limit where we can eat, but not by much.
It'll prevent us from feeling guilty about how much food is costing us, but not by much.
It'll help us rationalize the guilt about how much food we're eating, but not by much.
It'll help bridge the gap between what our guests would have preferred and what we would have preferred, but not by much.

If you can use your dining plan credits for pizza, it surely would be much MORE than 1 CS meal credit for a larger pizza. They do have both individual pizzas and large pizzas. I suspect you can definitely use 1 CS meal credit for each individual pizza. Generally speaking, things meant to be shared, like large pizzas, either aren't available with the dining plan, or cost multiple meal credits. In this case, I think it is more likely that they'll simply say for you to order the individual pizzas, since a large is four times larger and would thereby probably "cost" 4 CS meal credits.

Will you spend $151.96 a day to eat if you don't get the plan?
If you are trying to be "cheap" you will probably not spend even close to that. My parents, me. hubby and 3 kids did not spend that much a day last time we were there. Of course, we only did 1 sit down meal the whole week. We ate a lot of burgers and fries. We also drove off site for some dinners. (costs a lot less, wastes time...trade-offs!) My parents would never do the dining plan because they have no desire to eat expensive, long meals every day. They would never order appetisers, and dessert. Usually neither. Therefore no savings for them.

On the other hand hubby, kids and I are doing dining plan, it will be fun to order whatever. We never worry too much about the cost, it will be great for the way we eat.

So....check thenus at www.allearsnet.com (in the dining section) and see what you might usually order, then decide if you will spend $151 on that or not. If not, decide it you might like to spend the extra and not be limited in your choices (pretty much at all.)

Does that help at all?

The Pizzas are one of the best deals on the dining plan. They are 2 CS credits for the big pizza. Plus you get two drinks and two desserts with it.

Still it really depends. If you plan to do Sit Down meals and/or buffets it should work out to a savings. We can easily eat for less, but you can not eat as well for even close to the price. If you like to try desserts and apps it is really fun. But you should be OK with leaving food on the table, because you will... it is a lot of food.

Will you spend $151.96 a day to eat if you don't get the plan?
This is precisely the way we looked at it, though looking at it that way we went back and forth a few times. A lot of that equivocation came from the complication of signature (2TS) restaurants. However, taking that complication out of the mix, it was pretty easy to see the four of us spending $151.96 per day (per night, really) of our trip. In reality, we probably would have spent more, but the dining program will keep us to 1 TS per day.

So....check thenus at www.allearsnet.com (in the dining section) and see what you might usually order
This exercise is fun, it its own right. :)

They are 2 CS credits for the big pizza.
WOW! That's incredible! Is that true at Spoodles as well!?!?!?

is this the large pizza of which you speak? And, if so, does this apply to all resorts? What a deal!!

Pooch
WL Aug. 2006

"Pizza delivery" is specifically excluded from the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter