• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about dining at the Fort

M&C'sMom

Mouseketeer
We have first time reservations at FW for spring break in March. Do you think we'd need to make an ADR for Trail's End for dinner? Not exactly sure how our days will go and wanted to know our evening food options. Also, is there a place to sit down and eat food purchased at the "Trails to go" place? or is it truly take it to go?

Thanks for any help!:)

I've never had an ADR for Trails End. There are times, however, when it does get crowded.

As far as the "to go" food, I've seen pictures of folks eating at some picnic tables outside Trails End.

The couple times we've eaten at TE we have gone without an ADR. Our wait has been around 20 minutes, although I've seen the place with no waits at times as well. During spring break, an ADR would certainly be nice but I would think you could walk up if you don't mind waiting on the porch a bit.

There are some picnic tables on the side porch, as well as down by the beach, if you opt to get take out. Last month we grabbed the giddy up n go one night and nabbed a picnic table on the porch. That was a fun place to eat! We enjoyed watching folks stroll by while enjoying our chicken. And BTW, that meal fed the 6 of us with plenty to spare! We opted for the all white meat, which I think came to $25 or $26. It's one of the best deals on Disney property....where else besides Earl of Sandwich can you feed 6 people for $30 or less?? :thumbsup2

Oh, and another option to keep in mind for those nights when you get back from a park and are at a loss as to what to eat. We really enjoy hopping the boat to the Wilderness Lodge and getting a CS meal at Roaring Forks. Quite reasonable and very yummy!

The # 1 determining factor on an ADR at TE is time of year, and how busy the resort is.
The # 2 determining factor is what time of day you are generally planning to eat... the earlier or way later, the better.
I can't say for sure whether you need them, but we went in Sept at 5:00, with an ADR and we still had to wait about 15 minutes. I would consider making reservations on 2 days and drop one once you decide.
It is definitely excellent food, not average, but excellent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter