• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about Concierge non refundable deposit

socababy

DIS Veteran
Would having trip insurance help in recovering the deposit lost to DCL if I needed to cancel the cruise? I have no intention on cancelling but that is a lot of money to lose if an emergency comes up!

Would having trip insurance help in recovering the deposit lost to DCL if I needed to cancel the cruise? I have no intention on cancelling but that is a lot of money to lose if an emergency comes up!

That is part of what trip insurance is for. You would have to have a covered reason for canceling, however.

That would be based on the terms of the insurance policy. Bottom line, if you cancel for a covered reason, it will cover the deposit. If you cancel for a non-covered reason, you're out of luck.

I am booked concierge too and for over a year from now:scared1:

I bought the trip insurance through Disney and the fine print says that it will not be effective until you pay your cruise in full. So if you have to cancel for covered reason but it is before your payment is due in full the insurance won't just cover the deposit amount.

This is confusing but basically you have to pay the full amount to Disney before the Disney insurance will refund all of your money including the deposit.

For this reason, my parents, who are also sailing concierge in a separate cabin than mine, bought insurance through a third party that offers coverage as soon as you book so this would cover the deposit. This way if they have to cancel for a covered reason before the payment in full date they can get the deposit amount through the insurance company without paying the full amount due on the cabin to Disney.

Is this clear as mud?:rotfl:

Our trip is still a year away, but I had to remove someone form our ressie this week (due to them getting a new contract at work that will not allow for extended vacations for the next year).

I got charged $150 for removing one person. Just FYI....

Keep in mind that you may not be completely out of luck if you need to cancel and the reason you cancel is not covered.

If you purchase your insurance through Disney Cruise Line and you cancel for a reason not covered, you will need to go through the motions to have the claim denied and then Disney will allow you to apply the penalty amount to another reservation.

Again, the insurance has to be purchased through Disney Cruise Line and you do have to file the claim and be denied before they will do this.

:)

Our trip is still a year away, but I had to remove someone form our ressie this week (due to them getting a new contract at work that will not allow for extended vacations for the next year).

I got charged $150 for removing one person. Just FYI....

Thank you so much for posting this! I am ready to make the deposit tomorrow and one of the adults who was going to go found out he can't get work off that week. I emailed the TA to have her remove him before making the deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter