About check-in

dvdcrow

Earning My Ears
My DH and I are driving to WDW, and my son, his wife and 2 children are flying in later on the same day. We are staying in two rooms at POFQ. One room is in my name, and the other is in my son's name. Since my husband and I will arrive at the resort before my son and his family, will Disney allow us to check in for both rooms? Or must my son and his family be physically present in order to be checked into their room? I am concerned because I have requested adjoining rooms, and want to be sure we are at least in the same building at the resort.

Unfortunately your son will need to check in. But you can check your room assignments when you check in and make adjustments if necessary.

I would suggest you do online check-in. When you arrive, check to see if they have placed you in adjoining rooms or in the same portion of the resort. If they have, no worries, if they haven't, then ask if they can reassign your room to honor your request.

Thanks, I thought about doing on-line check-in, but I think I remember reading somewhere here that they do not assign rooms until you actually show up at the resort. Is this incorrect?

Thanks, I thought about doing on-line check-in, but I think I remember reading somewhere here that they do not assign rooms until you actually show up at the resort. Is this incorrect?

With on line check in, they will assign the rooms before you arrive so they can check you in and prepare your keys and paperwork. So online C/I is really a better way to possibly get connecting or adjoining rooms.

Make sure now (by calling DRC or you travel agent if you use one) that your reservations have request for connecting or adjoining rooms. Then the room assigner working on Online C/I will see it before processing your reservation. Nothing isd guaranteed. But they will do their best to honor your requests.

My DH and I are driving to WDW, and my son, his wife and 2 children are flying in later on the same day. We are staying in two rooms at POFQ. One room is in my name, and the other is in my son's name. Since my husband and I will arrive at the resort before my son and his family, will Disney allow us to check in for both rooms? Or must my son and his family be physically present in order to be checked into their room? I am concerned because I have requested adjoining rooms, and want to be sure we are at least in the same building at the resort.

First of all, you realize that adjoining rooms mean just side by side, not with an interior door that allows you to go from one room to the other without going outside? If that's what you want, you need to request connecting rooms, not adjoining. Adjoining can mean you would need to go outside to get into the other room.

Secondly, you should call and get a "traveling with" designation on both rooms. You will need both reservation numbers.

If your last names are the same, you might have a good shot at checking your son in when you are there. I did that with my in-laws. Just ask when you check in. All of the above helps with this request.

Legally, only people on the reservations are allowed to know anything about it. Therefore, the resort cannot even confirm that they are staying there, much less allow you to check in or get their room #. If both reservations have notes that say "travel with" on them, they will often be willing to confirm whether or not your rooms are close. They still should not allow you to check them in or know their exact room #. They must physically see a photo ID from a person in each room to check-in a room.

I'm a former front desk CM and those were our rules to save our butts from a lawsuit :rolleyes1

I do realize the difference between adjoining and connecting rooms. We don't need connecting rooms, I just want to be sure we're on the same floor, or, if not, at least in the same building. I did request adjoining rooms when I booked both rooms at the same time through the telephone reservation line. I will try using online check-in and we'll see what happens. I know that nothing is guaranteed, it would just make things more convenient if the two rooms were near each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter