• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about charging on room key.....

I

ilovdisney2

When you check in at the resort do they reserve a certain amount of $ on your credit card for charges in the parks or how is this done.

When you check in they will swipe your credit card and you will have a certain amount of credit available. It seems the higher the level the resort is the higher credit limit you are given. Then you just use your room card to charge whatever you want. Once you have reached the credit limit they will put the charge on your credit card and then you start all over again with a fresh amount of credit. Believe me, Disney makes it VERY easy for their guests to charge, charge, charge! This works out great because you do not have a lot of little individual charges to your credit card they are done in a larger amount that will just show up on your credit card statement as ie: WDW Boardwalk Resort front desk $xxx.xx. The resort however will give you an itemized list of all charges, where they were charged, date, etc. You can request a copy of your charges from the front desk at anytime to monitor what and how muich you have charged.

So say if you only have $500.00 credit left on your credit card but you have cash, they will not let you put over $500.00 on the room key. right? Or am I totally Confused.:confused:

... do it either way!

You can put money on it (Your room key) instead of Credit Card. You can also request an amount (although it is usually done in lots of $500) like $200 however you have to ring the front desk to authorise additional 'chunks' to be added.

We did the $500 chunks for our 10 days last year and maxed out twice (two cards, 2 adults, 2 children, so many restaurants and shops :( )... ended up using our travellers cheques to pay extra money onto our room key to clear it.

Ask at the desk, use the cash/money down option or request a smaller 'chunk' or just say no charging, thank you. However I must admit for the convenience, it cant be beat!

So I could give them lets say $1000.00 in cash and then we could just charge against that? And they will just give us back whats left? Am I correct? Has anyone done this?

YES! Thats a big 10-4!

Thats the way it worked at both the All-Star and HRH last year! And I havent heard any different since then!

Speaking about the Poly here: They will reserve a chunk of $1500. When that is gone, they bill the amount, and reserve anouther chunk of $1500, and on and on. I believe you can set it up to be notified when and if you blow through each $1500. BTW, charges for the room are part of that, so it is easy to go through. I find this very convienant, as I only have one reciept to keep track of on my way home!

We love charging to the room key but like to make sure it does not get charged to our credit card when we reach our limit. We always take TC to pay off what we spend so we just keep up with what we have spent and when we get close to our limit we just go to the desk and pay some on it. works for us.

Jordan's mom

If you have a credit balance when you check-out. They will mail you the left over money to you as a check. I have never given them money but I do send in extra money when I make reservation so I have some spending money on account.

There are also limits as to how much you can guarnatee on your card. It is $500 at the All Stars, $1500 at the moderates, and I think $2500 at the deluxe. You can settle this up during your stay if you go over, however.

So what your saying is that I can charge to the room then just go and pay with cash or TC? As long as I give them a CC number? I don't want my CC charged to.

wendyww, just make sure you settle with cash before they actually charge your card. Find out what the amount is before they put the charge through, and see if they will notifie you when you are approaching this amount. Be carefull though, as they may leave you a room meesage in the late morning, while you are at the parks spending. Good Luck!

Oh this is great! So if I wanted I could go everyother day or so and just pay what I have charged before they charge my CC? Thanks so much everything is much clearer now!!:)

I think their room charging policy is great! We have gone and left our Visa check card at check in and they have given us credit limits above what we had in our account! It is too funny. Anyway, we were at a moderate so we had the $1500 limit, but we only had $900 in our account. We left them the credit card, (they don't put any type of a hold on your card which is great, because if you want to use it at a shop instead of charging to the room you can) and then the afternoon before you check out, you just go to the desk and tell them you want to pay off your balance, or like you said, go pay with cash or TC every couple of days to ensure they don't charge you for reaching your limit. They will only charge your card if you hit the max for the resort, or the night before/early morning of your check out date.

Many times I have also sent money in every few weeks to either pay off the room, or have added to our account for spending. We have never gotten any money back-but that is our fault not Disney's-we spent it all!

This is a great feature. I do reccomend confirming this at check in, as different resorts may have a slightly different twist on how to handle this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter