• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about Character meals and reservations

Moke2

Earning My Ears
I understand that you must book character meals early and that a credit card is required when you book. My question is if you are on the dining plan, do they charge your credit card anyway and then you get it refunded and taken off the dining plan when you go? How does that work? Thanks!

Molly

I reserved LTT for dinner (characters should be there) and they didn't ask for a credit card number. They just asked my name and the number of people in my party. Maybe you need a credit card for Cinerella's Royal Table or something like that, though.

Now, Victoria & Albert's did ask for a credit card number, but I just checked my credit card bill online and they didn't charge it. I imagine if I fail to show at the date and time I reserved, they will charge it something, though. (There are other charges made on the credit card after the date I made the V&A reservation, so that's how I know they haven't charged it.)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

I agree that you should make reservations for character meals asap. I've been told by CMs that this is especially true if the restaurant is in the MK.

I've made reservations for several character meals and have only been asked for a credit card when I reserved the princess b-fast in Norway. This is because they have a 48 hour cancellation policy. If you don't cancel within 48 hours and you don't show-up WDW will charge your credit card $10 per person. Nothing is charged before then and using the dining plan to purchase the meal is the same. The only reason they ask for the credit card is so they can charge you if you violate the cancellation policy.

Other character meals may vary, but at least, this is what I've learned about the princess b-fast.

here's sort of how it works..

all dinner shows require payment in full at time of booking, unless on the DDP, in which case they require a credit card to secure them (with a full penalty for noshows). for all intensive purposes, dinner shows include CRT (all meals) and Mickey's Backyard BBQ for example.

a couple of other locations require a credit card on file to secure but do not charge unless there is a noshow. examples are Princess Storybook which has a $10 per person penalty and California Grill which is $20 per person.

so as a rule, character meals don't require any credit card or payment when booking with the noted exceptions. they're also 1 TS credit each, again, except for dinner shows which include CRT. those are 2 TS credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter