? about cape liberty cruise port in NJ

njsoccermom

Earning My Ears
Has anybody left out of this port recently? I am trying to figure out how hard it is to get from the parking to the actual terminal. We have 3 young children and a lot of luggage. I am wondering if I should just suck it up and pay for a taxi so we can get dropped off right in front. If anybody has any experience with this port I would appreciate your input.

Thank you

They have a spot right in front of the terminal where you can drop off luggage (and people). So I would suggest you drop off everyone off with the luggage before you park the car. The long term lot isn't too far away but trying to juggle luggage and kids would be a trick even if the lot was only a couple hundred yards away.

That's correct. You can have your husband park right at the terminal and take the luggage out there and wait with the kids and your bags while your husband goes and parks the car. The have a van that will take your husband back to the terminal. My husband and I went to Bermuda last May and left from Cape Liberty. It was great not having to get on an airplane since we live in NJ. I also waited with the luggage while my husband parked the car. Have a great trip!!! :thumbsup2

I am a cop in Bayonne, and it is very easy. Just pull right up to the terminal and unload your luggage and passengers and then take the car right to parking lot which is very close to the terminal.

I sure hope things have improved since I went out of there. I really expected more from RCCL since the business was not new to them. I was on the second sailing of Voyager of the Seas May 04 out of Cape Liberty. I tried to research all of the options before hand: cruise critic, 2 friends from right there, numerous web sites, RCCL etc. BTW it was VERY hard to decide between a 7 day DCL cruise or the one we took). Well, they were very disorganized. Took a good 45 minutes in a taxi to get from the entrance of the port to the terminal (boy, was that cabbie mad). Then there were delays. Could not hear any of the announcements over the PA system in this huge caverous building.Then you were bused to the ship. On the return, the usual non Disney delays getting off the ship but worse was there was no transportation available when you finally got off. Mass chaos! (we were assured there would be plenty of taxis available but apparently no one bothered to tell the cab companies. We almost missed our flights. If I had booked the RCCL bus, it would not have been much better-they were late leaving also. Like I said, I hope it has improved and I am sure it has. Someone needs to remind me of this if I ever want to take an inaugral trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter