???? about buying Disney gift cards.... Please advise :)

edk35

DIS Veteran
Okay we are going back in Jan. I want to get the kids gift cards to put in their stockings. I know you can get them at the Disney store. Are they sold anywhere else? Also, are there ever any deals on them like I-tunes does.. or are they always purchased for the amt. you want on them? I see you can get them online at the Disney store and you can pick out some unique ones. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

Okay we are going back in Jan. I want to get the kids gift cards to put in their stockings. I know you can get them at the Disney store. Are they sold anywhere else? Also, are there ever any deals on them like I-tunes does.. or are they always purchased for the amt. you want on them? I see you can get them online at the Disney store and you can pick out some unique ones. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!

I have bought them at Sams club, Kroger, and Walgreens. I am not sure that there is a Kroger or Walgreens in Maryland, though. You may be able to order them online. Where in Maryland are you, I live there my whole life until a few years ago? You can get them at a Disney Store, also.

I have bought them at Sams club, Kroger, and Walgreens. I am not sure that there is a Kroger or Walgreens in Maryland, though. You may be able to order them online. Where in Maryland are you, I live there my whole life until a few years ago? You can get them at a Disney Store, also.

Yes we have Walgreens here. We live in Severn.. not too far from Annapolis and the BWI airport. Where did you live??

I just bought Disney gift cards at Sam's club. They were $100.00 cards for $98 dollars, and there was a bonus $20 gift card for the Disney Store. We have a chain of superstores called Meijers which just had a promotion where if you bought a disney gift card you got a bonus $5 Meijer coupon. I bought each of my grandkids a $25 disney gift card for our trip in Feb., and I had $15 free groceries. I think you can get gift cards anywhere they have a big display of gift cards. Some are a designated amount, and some you pick the value.

I just bought Disney gift cards at Sam's club. They were $100.00 cards for $98 dollars, and there was a bonus $20 gift card for the Disney Store. We have a chain of superstores called Meijers which just had a promotion where if you bought a disney gift card you got a bonus $5 Meijer coupon. I bought each of my grandkids a $25 disney gift card for our trip in Feb., and I had $15 free groceries. I think you can get gift cards anywhere they have a big display of gift cards. Some are a designated amount, and some you pick the value.

Wow I wished I would have seen this sooner. I am contemplating buying gift cards for our trip in March and this would have been great. I would have really saved some $$$ on future groceries. Do you know if the promotion is still going on?

The Meijer promotion lasted two weeks, and a lot of stores ran out of cards during the first week. I check the Meijer flyer very carefully now hoping they'll do it again. If they do, I'll be sure to post it on the budget board.I'm going to get more of the Sam's club ones tomorrow if they still have the free $20 gift card , then use them to buy our annual passes when we get to WDW. :banana::banana:Thirty nine days away from WDW

They sell $25 and $50 Disney gift cards just about everywhere around here. Grocery stores like Wegmans and Giant have them. I usually pick one up every time I shop when I have a trip planned...which is every year! :goodvibes

I then use the cards for food and beverages, items in stores, etc while at WDW. It's nice having the cards that I bought during the year to use.

Pharmacies around here also sell them, as do Target and Walmart.

Sams club had the $100 card with the bonus card for the Disney store deal around Christmas. I'm not sure of they still have them, or if it was a holiday promo.

Yes we have Walgreens here. We live in Severn.. not too far from Annapolis and the BWI airport. Where did you live??

I didn't see this thread before Christmas, but in case you didn't know, the new(ish) Sam's club in Severn does sell the Disney Gift Cards.

:wave2: neighbor!

Im hoping that we might see gift card bonuses again around Easter. I didnt take advantage of as many as I would have liked to have around Christmas. In the mean time, anyone who wants to combine all of their disney gift card dollars onto one card can call Disney Gift Card Guest Service at 1-877-650-4327, Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time. They should be able to put them all on one of your cards so that you dont need to take a stack of $25 cards with you to disney. :)

I went to Sam's Club today looking for more gift cards, but there were none in sight. Asked at the service desk, and she said "they had all gone back",:eek: and that they usually only have them before Christmas. You live and you learn. I'll be prepared for next year.

Im hoping that we might see gift card bonuses again around Easter. I didnt take advantage of as many as I would have liked to have around Christmas. In the mean time, anyone who wants to combine all of their disney gift card dollars onto one card can call Disney Gift Card Guest Service at 1-877-650-4327, Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time. They should be able to put them all on one of your cards so that you dont need to take a stack of $25 cards with you to disney. :)

WOW really?? We have several gift cards. Have you done this before?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter