• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about BCV

shelby101301

Mouseketeer
I made our first DVC ressie at Beach Club this morning for a 1 br suite. Now as I am looking over various descriptions on websites, I'm wondering if I should have specified a view or chosen another resort? It seems they are smaller than the newer DVC resorts....

Is there a standard view for DVC?

Is there a kitchen or just a mini fridge and microwave? are there dishes?

Is there a washer/dryer?

Can 2 sleep comfortably on the pull out in the living room? We have 2 kids, 2 adults and will have a 3 mos old baby. Will this be too tight

I thought all the DVC 1 br suites had these ammenities, but now I'm wondering. If you've stayed there, can you please give me some feedback? We do like to eat in the room, and need to know if that's possible while we can still change.

Thanks!

oh, one more question. I read there was only one elevator. Can that possible be right? We will be using a stroller, adn don't want to have to lug it up steps!

We have stayed at a 1 bedroom at BCV (our fav resort) many times.

To answer your questions:

There is no standard view per se, all views are the same point usage. However, you can request different views. Apparently, there is an epcot view, woodsview and a quiet pool view. We haven't request a view before, we get different ones.

There is a full kitchen with a dishwasher, sink, refrigerator cupboards etc with a good supply of dishes, glasses, cookware and utensils (though we have yet to cook at our room).

And my favourite, yes they do have a washer and dryer which I use very often. I believe this to be one of the best plus for us.

I believe the sofabed is a double or queen and it should fit 2 people. We have two adults and two kids in our family and we find it a sufficient amount of space. We don't feel cramped at all.

As for elevators, there are two I believe. However, some rooms are farther than others. If you don't want a long walk, you may want to request your room to be closer to elevators. By the way, I don't recall having to wait too long for the elevator, however, we don't really use it early in the morning, we're late risers, pretty empty during the day when we go back to have a swim.

I'm sure you'll have a great stay. It is a beautiful resort with a great location. ;)

I made our first DVC ressie at Beach Club this morning for a 1 br suite. Now as I am looking over various descriptions on websites, I'm wondering if I should have specified a view or chosen another resort? It seems they are smaller than the newer DVC resorts....

Is there a washer/dryer?

Can 2 sleep comfortably on the pull out in the living room? We have 2 kids, 2 adults and will have a 3 mos old baby. Will this be too tight

I thought all the DVC 1 br suites had these ammenities, but now I'm wondering. If you've stayed there, can you please give me some feedback? We do like to eat in the room, and need to know if that's possible while we can still change.

Thanks!

The amenities at BCV are the same as all the DVC resorts. The 1 bedroom has a full kitchen with dishes, stove, micro, full size fridge dishwasher. The pull out is plenty big and a washer and dryer is in the room. There are two elevator locations. One in the lobby area, (two cars), and one by the rear door, (one car) to the quiet pool and parking lot.
You can find more info here:
http://www.dvcwishes.com/bcv.htm

Thanks so much for these answers - it's a huge help!

i looked at that web site, and it said for stays of 8 days or more, it provides housekeeping on day 4. We're staying 7 days. Does this mean we won't get any housekeeping?

And towels seem to be a huge issue. I seriously have to pay $6 for a towel package? I will have a 5 yr old, 3 yr old and 3 month old baby with me...We tend to go through a lot of towels. I don't mind washing, but don't want to have to run laundry three times a day for clean towels. CAn I assume they will initially give us towels for 5 people, or will they not count the kids for towels.?

Are all the DVC resorts this stingy with towels and housekeeping?

Staying on DVC points does not get you regular housekeeping like a cash reservation would -- that's just how it works. It doesn't matter which DVC resort, it's the standard policy.

You get trash/towel service on Day 4 of your stay, and if you were staying longer, you would get a full cleaning on Day 8.

I assume you will get a standard bathroom set up for the # of people allowed in your room. You can either wash the towels yourself, hope for a nice mousekeeper that will give you more, or pay the $6 for more towels.

Don't know if this ok or not, but we also pick up a few extra at the pool. They aren't as nice as the ones in the room but it works for the pool and we can usually hang them up and use them to towel dry hair or they are fine for little kids.

Never been a problem in the past.

There are some minor disadvatages about DVC and this is one of them. However, I would gladly have them give me a towel I could use for four days and stay deluxe then have to pay a hefty fee for clean towels each day. I also don't mind reusing our towels for a few days since it saves on water and I don't usually wash my towels daily at home. Not a problem to maybe do one towel load every other day. Love having the Washer/dryer!

Is the $6 per day?

Is the $6 per day?

No, it's $6 for a towel "bundle" or whatever they call it -- one time. It just means they give you extra towels, not really related to the washing/replacing them thing, as far as I understand. It's just for "more."

Staying on DVC points does not get you regular housekeeping like a cash reservation would -- that's just how it works. It doesn't matter which DVC resort, it's the standard policy.

You get trash/towel service on Day 4 of your stay, and if you were staying longer, you would get a full cleaning on Day 8.

I assume you will get a standard bathroom set up for the # of people allowed in your room. You can either wash the towels yourself, hope for a nice mousekeeper that will give you more, or pay the $6 for more towels.

I'm pretty sure that if you are staying 8 nights you get the full cleaning/linens exchange on day 4 and then trash&towel on the 8th and then the cycle repeats if you are staying longer ... is that right? It wouldn't make much sense to do a full cleaning the day before you leave, or am I mixed up?

Thanks!

Thanks so much for these answers - it's a huge help!

i looked at that web site, and it said for stays of 8 days or more, it provides housekeeping on day 4. We're staying 7 days. Does this mean we won't get any housekeeping?

And towels seem to be a huge issue. I seriously have to pay $6 for a towel package? I will have a 5 yr old, 3 yr old and 3 month old baby with me...We tend to go through a lot of towels. I don't mind washing, but don't want to have to run laundry three times a day for clean towels. CAn I assume they will initially give us towels for 5 people, or will they not count the kids for towels.?

We also have 3 little ones and we have never had a towel issue, there seem to be plenty when you are in a 1BR or 2BR -- I have never had to do a load for towels. It seems like everytime you turn around in the 2 bathrooms you find more towels! On the towel racks, rolled by the big tub, in the drawers and cabinets! I'm pretty sure they supply AT LEAST a towel packet for as many people as the villa will hold plus a few extra.

Also, as stated in a previous post, you can often find very nice Mousekeepers who are more than happy to exchange towels with you if you find them in the hallways while they are working on other villas. We had an issue with an upset tummy one night and called mousekeeping for some extras, fully expecting to pay for them. They brought them right up and didn't charge us!:thumbsup2

Enjoy your trip and Welcome Home!

CAn I assume they will initially give us towels for 5 people, or will they not count the kids for towels.?

The towels in the DVC villas (all resorts) are based on the specified occupancy. So for a 1 BR villa, you will have towels for 4. Sorry but the baby doesn't count.

I think that it was already answered, but since you are staying 7 days, you will get trash and towel service on day 4.

I'm pretty sure that if you are staying 8 nights you get the full cleaning/linens exchange on day 4 and then trash&towel on the 8th and then the cycle repeats if you are staying longer ... is that right? It wouldn't make much sense to do a full cleaning the day before you leave, or am I mixed up?

Thanks!

Yes you are right. For stays 8 days or longer, the rotation is:

Day 4 = full cleaning
Day 8 = Trash & towel
Day 12 = full cleaning
etc

It's really not a matter of stinginess. Limited housekeeping is the norm at timeshares.

As members, our dues pay for the housekeeping, laundry, etc. at the DVC resorts. Providing daily housekeeping and unlimited towels would likely mean a significant increase in dues.

Basic housekeeping services are provided; those members who want additional housekeeping or towels can have them on a pay-as-you-go basis. Those of us who prefer limited housekeeping don't have to pay for daily cleanings and towels. It's a pretty fair system, IMO.

Is there a washer/dryer?

Thanks!

Maybe we need to ask a question. We are all assuming that you are a DVC Member and that you are staying on your points. Is that correct? The reason I ask is that the available services are different for a non-owner. From your questions you seem like a non-owner who knows very little about the DVC. We are here to help either way but we need to know to correctly answer your questions. :thumbsup2

BCV is our home resort and we have stayed there many times. I can't tell you if the other ones are better or worse but I can say that you will love staying at BCV.

The pool is UNBELIEVABLE!!! All the CM's are very friendly and helpful. We look forward to staying there ever time we go. We have never had a bad experience. Great location and the Beaches and Cream restaurant is a great ice cream parlor.

Actually, for stays of 8 days or more, it is FULL CLEANING on Day 4 and TRASH/TOWEL SERVICE on Day 8, and the cycle repeats itself.

(Sorry, I should have kept reading...I didn't realize that someone already posted this. Oh well, at least you can be sure about the answer;) )

We are also a family of 5 -- our kids are 7, 5, and 17 months -- and we have stayed at BCV in a one bedroom with no problem. The sofabed is plenty big fo the kids, the baby sleeps in a pack'n'play. There are plenty of towels for all of us. We wash them once or twice during the week, and of course we get new towels mid-way through our stay. This is never a problem for us, because we are always doing laundry anyway.

I don't think any of the BCV views are spectacular, but they're all nice, so no matter what we get, it's fine. There are two elevators in the villas, so no problems there. We've never had to roam the stairwell.

BCV is one of our favorites, its location can't be beat. Don't worry about the logistics of the room, you won't have any problems there! You will enjoy your surroundings so much your room will really be secondary.

Maybe we need to ask a question. We are all assuming that you are a DVC Member and that you are staying on your points. Is that correct? The reason I ask is that the available services are different for a non-owner. From your questions you seem like a non-owner who knows very little about the DVC. We are here to help either way but we need to know to correctly answer your questions. :thumbsup2

We are new owners, and this is our first stay as owners. We've stayed at all three levels of the hotels, but always a room, never a suite.

I just know some hotels will give you one hand towel, one wash cloth and one bath towel for each adult and then you have to pester house keeping for more.

But it sounds like we will get plenty and maybe I can wash them every other day (again, you just go through more with a baby, kwim?)

As for view, I'm not going to worrry about it. I just know the one time we booked a deluxe room at AK, we had a spactacular view...of the parking lot! With any other hotel, I wouldn't have worried, but for AK, I kind of expected more! LOL And I didn't realize all the rooms had balconies, even if some of them are small. That will be a nice addition too.

Thank you everyone, it's been an amazing help! I don't post much, but I lurk and have been learning a lot about this investment of ours.

oh, and I agree! I would rather be a DVC member and have the opportunity to stay at these amazing places, than have daily house keeping!

We are new owners, and this is our first stay as owners. We've stayed at all three levels of the hotels, but always a room, never a suite.

I just know some hotels will give you one hand towel, one wash cloth and one bath towel for each adult and then you have to pester house keeping for more.

But it sounds like we will get plenty and maybe I can wash them every other day (again, you just go through more with a baby, kwim?)

As for view, I'm not going to worrry about it. I just know the one time we booked a deluxe room at AK, we had a spactacular view...of the parking lot! With any other hotel, I wouldn't have worried, but for AK, I kind of expected more! LOL And I didn't realize all the rooms had balconies, even if some of them are small. That will be a nice addition too.

Thank you everyone, it's been an amazing help! I don't post much, but I lurk and have been learning a lot about this investment of ours.

Congratulations and :welcome: HOME

You can request the quiet pool view, Epcot view, which is trees and a road, maybe Epcot from the upper floor, and courtyard view which could be the grass courtyard between the DVC building and the BC lobby or a view of a tree area between the BCVs and the BC closer to the International Gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter