? About Alcohol on Board?

DreamBound23

Mouseketeer
I am happy to see that you can bring alcohol on board :cool1:, as DH is a beer lover.

When you bring alcohol, are you limited to just drinking it in your room? Do you have to put it in a cup to walk around with it?

What is the proper "alcohol etiquette"? :confused3

If what you are asking is "Can I bring my bottle to the table next to the pool?" No. You can mix it in your room and walk around or sit with it.

Or you can ask for a "beer bucket" put your own beer in it and fill it with ice. The you have a supply as you sit by the pool. :thumbsup2

We also mixed drinks and took one down to dinner;)

We stayed at Raddison at the Port and went to a liquor store to purchase Bud Light Lime, Pre-mixed Margaritas (should have brought two:idea:) and a Grey Goose. We brought insulated cups and just poured the margaritas in with ice. I had brought a Coleman Cooler (soft sided) from home and iced the beer down when we were on the deck. If I wanted one other than that I would just run back to the room and grab one. You can walk around with it.

Since I love beer, I also purchased the refillable mug. I paid for it through the gift and amenities online and it was waiting in our room when I got there. It was 14.95 and it was a 22oz. glass mug. When you went to fill it, they only charge you the 16oz. price. I loved it! :worship:

Since we had the cooler, it was great to take on to Castaway Cay. We filled it with beer and water for the day.

Have a great time!

We just got off the Magic on Saturday. (So sad!)
Hi emmysdidi!! Sucks to be home again, doesn't it?!?!?

I respectfully disagree with dahuffy. We did, in fact, bring a bottle of vanilla rum (and our friends a coconut rum bottle) to our table next to the pool. Granted, we kept it in a bag, so it wasn't out on the top of the table, but it was better than going back and forth to the room for refills that day. We also brought a bottle with us to the cabana on CC.

I would be careful with beer in glass bottles - they probably don't let you walk around the pools with those. But I saw plenty of people walking around with the aluminum bottles or cans.

If you bring a bottle of wine to dinner, they charge you the corkage fee. So with that, I just filled a glass in my room while I was getting ready for dinner, and brought the glass with me.

Hope that helps!!! Have a great cruise!

We've always taken our alcohol up to deck, but kept it in our beach bag. With the drink station up by the pool, it's very convenient to mix drinks...many CM's saw us, and we were never told it was against any rules. Plus, I've even gotten limes from the bartenders to put in my Bacardi & Diet Coke...plus, they offered to give me plastic cups from the bar, rather than use the smaller paper cups available at the drink station. So, I do believe it's ok to have the alcohol with you on deck.

DH likes Corona and brings a 12 pack, which comes in bottles. We have never been told not to use them and he has had one with him on decks 9 & 10 before. You can take your own drinks to the night club as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter