? About adding on resale vs direct

edk35

DIS Veteran
We currently have two memberships. One we bought direct in 2007 and one via resale a few years ago. So I understand that if you buy resale you won't get special perks HOWEVER. What if you add on resale to same resort and UY?? Do you get the perks that way?? Thanks!

Since you already have a direct purchased DVC, you have all the perks available. It doesn't matter if you have resale or not, you have a real member card, that's all you need.

Since you already have a direct purchased DVC, you have all the perks available. It doesn't matter if you have resale or not, you have a real member card, that's all you need.

Oh ok I guess that makes sense!! Lol I was seeing posts about buying 25 pts. direct. I was confused!

Oh ok I guess that makes sense!! Lol I was seeing posts about buying 25 pts. direct. I was confused!

That is an option for people who have just become members via resale since the changes last April to qualify for perks that they are otherwise restricted from.

We currently have two memberships. One we bought direct in 2007 and one via resale a few years ago. So I understand that if you buy resale you won't get special perks HOWEVER. What if you add on resale to same resort and UY?? Do you get the perks that way?? Thanks!

your original purchases qualify you for all the perks for those contracts.

if you buy a resale contract, you cannot trade those pts for cruises or ABD or disney hotels. (to the extent that those are considered "perks.")

if you bought a resale and later sold your first 2 contracts, you would lose the AP discount and epcot lounge and such, at that point.

No perks for those points added via resale - so no way to combine point for a cruise or ABD etc. It sounds like in your situation it only makes sense to add on via resale (you already are entitled to the perks) unless you have a large number of points with your previous direct and you want to cover an ABD trip - even then i am sure people would say it isn't a good value/use of those direct points. Now like a PP mentioned if you were to sell the your only direct contract you would lose the perks. I guess it depend on what you are trying to accomplish here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter