About a British star....

JohnMouse

Belle, Anna and Rapunzel are my princesses, and St
I just read where Denise Van Outen is now playing Roxie Hart in the Broadway production of the musical Chicago. She had played this role in the West End. What I've known about Denise is that she is a pretty blonde who was a TV presenter. So do any of you here like Denise?

Hi John and Welcome the the UK Dis! :wave:

Denise Van Outen got rave reviews as Roxy in the West End production of Chicago - my daughter went to see her and said she was brilliant.

Denise is probably better known for her time on The Big Breakfast, which was a Channel 4 programme where she was partnered by Johnny Vaughn. They made a great team and were an excellent set of presenters for the show. When Denise left, she was hard to replace.

She is an Essex Girl and comes from very near to where I live - about 5 miles away and I think she plays up to the "Essex Girl" image - I have heard that she is really a very nice girl.

I am not sure if you would have heard about the "Essex Girl" thing in the USA - basically we girls in Essex get branded as 'Dumb, Blonde bimbo's' who do nothing more than wear White Stilleto Shoes and dance round our handbags (purses!) and do not possess a brain between the lot of us! There are a lot of jokes branded about Essex Girls.

<i>(I find it quite insulting really - being a born and bred Essex Girl. I have never owned a pair of White Stilleto Shoes in my life and as for dancing round by handbag?? well - did you ever??? LOL)</i>

I like Denise - she is a bright, sparky type of person and she enjoys herself and has fun, but she must have put the work in to be able to take on such a major role as Roxy - and then to take it to Broadway.

HTH :)

Come and see us again soon :wave:

basically we girls in Essex get branded as 'Dumb, Blonde bimbo's' who do nothing more than wear White Stilleto Shoes and dance round our handbags (purses!) and do not possess a brain between the lot of us!

Surely not! :rolleyes:

She is also <i>the</i> ex of Jay Kay of Jamiroquai. I assume they are known in the US?

I saw her in Chicago, and can vouch for the fact that she was very good, but then although she was best known for her T.V. work she had been trained in a renowned musical theatre school. It was one of the major London places I think, and you have to be extremely talented to even get in to those establishments, so her talent in this area had already been recognised. Carolyn

My weighted and considered verdict!....................:)

I'd take her to Chicago..........anytime! :):):)

She can sing

She can dance

She's funny

She's skinny

She's pretty

Now, let me see...... I hate her !:D :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter