• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? abotu dropping family off at port. We leave Monday!

mistyandbenjamin

Mouseketeer
We have two staterooms. My father and mother are in one and my son and I in the other. Can my father drop my mom and I off at port and then go back to the hotel and ride the shuttle over a little later? If so can we go ahead and checkin and get a boarding number? Do I need there passports to check them in or should they keep them with them? I just think it would be easier. How early does the port open?

The port area opens to incoming traffic at 10, the terminal is supposed to open for check in at 10:30, but in reality it is more like 10:15.

Yes, your father can drop you, your mom, and your son off at the terminal and then go to return the car. If your mom has his passport, she will be able to do MOST of the check in process for him; when he arrives he will still need to do his security photo. The people who are not with you will need a government issued photo ID to enter the terminal if they are adults (that means they keep their driver's license!)

You get a boarding number when you get into the line to check in, so yes to that too--no issues with that whether he is with you or not as it is one boarding number per family.

The times depends on a "normal" disembarkation from the previous cruise. If the previous passengers are delayed by Customs, your boarding may be delayed too!

i'm brand new to these boards and don't know anyone...but my mother, my son and i will also be boarding tomorrow on the Magic. cheers!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter