Abercrombie and Fitch

FreshTressa

<font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=
Ugg, I am so disappointed in my neices. They each had 300 dollars to spend on school clothes so I take them to the mall (they live with their dad who doesn't like to shop).

So, we get there and they each blow $200 on two torn up, wrinkled outfits at A&F.

I hate that store. All their stuff is so overbranded. Like one t-shirt the younger one bought said "abercrobie lacrosse team" on it. Like they really have a lacrosse team. I just can't believe their stuff is so in right now. I think it is weird to look like everyone else in your overpriced, poor quality clothing.

Luckily they still had $100 left which got them 3 outfits each at penny's and mervyn's. (which weren't that great of quality either). I guess I really like to buy quality merchandise.....it is okay if it costs a lot, if it is well made and of a nice fabric and even better if it is well made and cheap!

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant. I talked to my cousin and he said his girls did the same thing. Not my kids though!!! I took my son in there, and turned right back around!

I'm 25... I HATE that store... wayy too overpriced... If I want that style I'll go to American Eagle or Hollister Co. they have the same clothes for 1/2 the price. :)

FYI: Hollister is owned by Abercrombie, but is a bit cheaper.

Honestly, Abercrombie used to be alot better. Not ALL of their clothes were wrinkled and ripped. Now every piece in the store is.

Although, I have to defend them. I have had shirts from that store since 8th grade (I have now graduated high school) and they DO NOT WEAR. You really do get what you pay for.

On average their shirts are about $25 bucks (for a plain t-shirt). It isn't really that expensive when you consider the prices at Guess, Bloomingdales, Saks, Bebe, etc.

Most teenage kids aren't going to shop at JC Penney's or Kohlls. If your kid doesn't care, consider yourself lucky. Teenagers are cruel at that age, and image plays a big part in their lives. Kids can tell where clothes come from, and can be downright cruel.

I shop at A&F for my son. I think the boys clothing is made well. He has clothes, tees and especially the shorts, that have lasted 3 seasons. Also, how long does a kid want the clothes to last? After a season or two, they have either outgrown it or realized it is not in fashion anymore.

If you want to pay less for A&F, I shop at their outlet store. Great buys!

I do not shop at Penney's. I find their quality to be poor and their prices high for what they are selling. I would rather buy at Target or Wal-Mart (quality is same but prices are better).

Overall, Macy's, Lord & Taylor and Nordstroms' have the best stuff, but, wait till they have a sale to shop.

;)

For those prices you could get something with Mickey on it:earsboy:

Yes, I agree about Penny's. Their stuff seems to be made really poorly.

The t-shirts my neices bought were $38 a piece, seems a bit steep to me! I don't mind paying high prices, but I guess I thought it just looked kind of stupid to have phony team names on your shirt.

I bought my kids mostly at Nordstroms. They are much younger though.

Is A&F really that big of a name brand in high school now???

I don't really like the clothes either but I don't see any reason to be disappointed in them. They knew they had a set amount of money and they made the choice to buy fewer outfits in order to get the brand that they wanted. Now they will have to wear their clothes more often, but they will like what they are wearing better. Really - that is their choice to make.

My oldest son bought one pair of jeans and one shirt from A&F this fall and several shirts from American Eagle. Honestly I think he just likes going in there to look at the naked women on the walls. ;)

As long as it covers him appropriately and he stays within his budget, it's his choice.

Oh, and I am glad to hear they hold up. I know stuff I bought there years ago did, but the stuff my neices bought didn't look very well made. Hopefully I am wrong!!! They don't have a lot of money in their family, so their stuff does have to last.

As for being well made and being kids, stuff I bought at old navy sometimes barely makes it through the season before the pockets rip off or something.

I feel that way about Limited Too. DD loves their clothes, though much of it can't be worn to school. I cringe when I flip over the tickets!

A little story...

We went shopping last Tuesday. All that was left to buy was shoes and underware. We went to Famous Footwear to check out Buy One Get One 1/2 off sale. Found a cute pair of Stevies's Mary Janes that DD decides don't fit that well and she'd like to shop elsewhere.
We head over to the mall, and go to Sears. She finds (an ugly) pair of shoes for $20 so I buy. We go out to the mall and to Limited Too. She want panties and they're Buy 3 get 2 free. Sounds like a good deal so I tell her we'll come back later in the week to buy them.
I do as promised and return to LT on Friday. The sale is now Buy 4 get 2 free, a great deal I suppose. DD chooses her Too Ware and I start adding the 4 highest prices and get almost $30- for 6 pairs of panties!!! I say "You know, LT has those Stevies shoes you tried for the same price". "Can we shop elsewhere for undies and get the shoes instead?". She agrees. We get the shoes and go to the Dept store I work for. We get at least 6 pairs of panties, some with bras, plus 2 pairs of socks and two pairs of pantyhose. We had an additional 10% added to our employee discount, plus the sales were 25%. My bill was $18!

Why do Limited Too, A&F, Aero and the like feel the need to jack up their prices? I can only imagine the markup structure they must be working!

Originally posted by iNTeNSeBLue98
Why do Limited Too, A&F, Aero and the like feel the need to jack up their prices? I can only imagine the markup structure they must be working!

Because they can. The kids buy them, and the parents pay for them. Especially where I live, the kids get whatever they want.

We got great deals at Aeropostale when we were down last time. Three pairs of girls jeans for $90 and long sleeve, brushed fleece hoodies for men at $25. Thought we had hit the jackpot. The kids couldn't find an Abercrombie (didn't look too hard, one in Richmond was too far off the main interstate) but since there are no Aeropostale store in Canada, they really like their stuff. Their cargos were also on sale for $25 (for guys) but DS doesn't like those canvas cargos, prefers the light nylon cargos.

However, I'm sure that as soon as the store comes to Canada, the kids will soon outgrow it. Hopefully they'll be in university by then and buying their own clothes:p

Yah, I actually like aeropostale. The only one here is kind of far away though, and my kids are too little still.

I hope this doesn't get a long winded but I have to say my two cents about this subject. I worked at A&F for 3 years in college and now I can't stand the place, only thing I still buy there is their boxers and jeans. The bad thing about their clothes is being a walking billboard and every one wearing the same thing. The last shirt I bought their was 3 years ago and within two weeks I saw 4 other people that had it. But the worst part about that place is that it's become almost too trendy. Everything is now skin tight for guys, it's uncomfortable, and it doesn't hold up. I have A&F stuff from when I was 12 and I'm now 23. I've got some OLD stuff from their and it all is pretty much still wearable. Once my parents noticed that most of my clothes lasted from there, they never complained anymore about the price. I still have shorts that I've been wearing for 5 years now. The one thing that makes me happy is that I don't see as many college kids wearing the clothes as much. People are starting to branch out and realize their is more out there than just Abercombie. And some of it is a lot cheaper too. But when it comes to cheap don't even get me started on Old Navy, their clothes unravel as you walk out the door :rolleyes:

Hmm, I guess I just have to remember what it was like to be a teenager.

I remember working at a $4.85 an hour job and saving to buy a $60 pair of GUESS? jeans!!! That was probably just as crazeee.

Hey Kyle, care to sell those 12 year old clothes....LOL!

John-Cole loves A&F, I try to catch the sales both instore and online amd whoever said all the kids wear the same thing are exactly right, however hasn't it always been that way? When I was a teenager in the 80s we all wore big hair, tight jeans that were tight rolled at the bottom, more make up than should have been allowed and sleeveless shirts and mini skirts.

Beauty I would love to send him some of those shirts but they are so old that I'll bet no executive left working at Abercrombie would even recognize it. I'm gonna hold on to them for an auction at Christy's when I'm 80 :)

OH and your description of what you wore in the 80's fits exactly what a bunch of friends and I wore last night. We went a Skid Row, Poison, vince Neal concert and dressed up. We had a blast! I'll have to post a pic, my outfit was classic. :)

Originally posted by UncleKyle
OH and your description of what you wore in the 80's fits exactly what a bunch of friends and I wore last night. We went a Skid Row, Poison, vince Neal concert and dressed up. We had a blast! I'll have to post a pic, my outfit was classic. :)

POISON IS AWESOME! I saw them in June for the third year in a row. I am a dork. :D

I absolutely WILL NOT set foot in Abercrombie, Hollister, or American Eagle, and I'm 19. Maybe it's just because I was never in the "in crowd" in high school, but it disgusts me that people are willing to shell out extra money to walk around with a brand name on their shirt to be cool. Talk about shallow!

I buy from the Gap, Old Navy (my clothes from there have worn very well), or Aeropostale - but only on clearance and only if the brand name isn't plastered all over the item. I don't know if I've spent more than $10 on any one item in my wardrobe in years. I may not be cutting-edge fashionable but I have a ton of nice things and I dress a lot better than many of my peers.

I guess if you've got money to burn and don't mind being a cookie-cutter copy of millions of other teenagers, happy Abercrombie'ing, but I've got other priorities. I'll be the one snickering at you in the mall as you walk out with your $38 T-shirt. Over the weekend I got three shirts and two pairs of shoes at a department store for that much money. :teeth:

I have bought things from A&F before, but I am not an addict. The problem with their clothes is that they aren't that comfy. And I am not just not built for them. For one, I'm 5'2 with short legs hehe, and not exactly a size 2. I NEED stretch pants or else I feel like I can't walk comfortably, and A&F doesn't have any that work for me. They have cute clothes, but I will only buy things on sale in there because of cost. I would rather buy shirts over at Charlotte Russe or Anchor Blue for half the price.

I hate that store. I don't know whether I should shop or dance in that place.

What really bugs me is that I can be shopping 3 stores down and all I hear is that incessant thumping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter