ABD - Viva Italia or "Signature"?

ShelleeBell

Earning My Ears
I'm thinking about taking this trip with my husband (a surprise to him) and wondering if anyone has information on which ABD trip is best. Also, is the "Signature" trip worth the extra $$?

Any information on which trip would be better for two adult travellers would be most appreciated.

10.gif

Welcome to the DISBoards, and to the ABD forum!

Viva Italia is one of ABD's most popular itineraries. I think you can't go wrong with that one. A lot of people here have taken that trip and really loved it.

ABD has TONS of trips that would be wonderful for two Adult travelers. You might want to check out their Adults Only departures if you'd prefer to travel with other adults rather than families with kids.

What do you like? Do you prefer more active trips? Outdoors? History? Culture?

Sayhello

Thanks for the Welcome messages!

Since this would be a first trip overseas together, we are open for anything. Sight seeing and adventure would top the list of things to do. Would love to get a little golf in as well if that is even possible. We both are big "foodies" so on the off nights of the trip, I will be doing some research in finding great, out of the way places to dine.

I'm even considering doing an excursion either before or following the trip when I research his family tree and find where they came from in Italy. I think that would be most interesting to him.

Any information on which trip being offered thru ABD that would best suit us, would be greatly appreciated. Also, if there is information on the best flights/airlines, that would also prove great information.

Shelleebell, I didn't realize from your post that you were *specifically* asking about Italy trips, since your husband is Italian. I saw that in your reply to another thread. So I'll try & answer from the "just Italy" point of view. I haven't been on any of the regular ABD Italy trips, but I did the ABD add-on to the Disney Magic's Med cruise, and a lot of the activities overlap.

As far as Italy is concerned, both Italy itineraries trips have their advantages. Do you want to go to Rome? Only Viva Italia (regular or Signature) goes to Rome. Bella Italia does not. Bella Italia includes Florence and Michelangelo's David, which I adored. It also includes the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii. Viva Italia goes to Venice, which lots of people love, and spends some relaxing time in Tuscany. Really, both trips are wonderful, and you just need to look at which activities sound more appealing to you.

As far as the "regular Viva Italia trip vs the "Signature" Viva Italia trip, if you check out this link, it gives a point-by-point comparison of the 2 trips.

http://abd.disney.go.com/abd/en_US/general?name=ItalyGatewayComparisonPage

The main differences seem to be: the hotels are upgraded, it includes 2 more dinners (but 2 less lunches), and it includes the 'Secret Passages tour' at Palazzo Vechhio. There are a few other upgraded "touches" apparently, also. If that is worth the extra money for you, go for it. But most people I've heard who've gone on the "regular" Viva Italia trip rave about it. And I've heard lots of compliments on the hotels, and no complaints. I think you'd do wonderfully with either. It's just whether you're looking for the "luxury" version or not.

As I mentioned in my reply on the other thread, check out the Trip Report sticky at the top of the ABD forum. There are a few Trip Reports there from folks who have already been on these trips.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter