ABD TRIP REPORT: Rocky Trails & Mountie Tales

sharonkurland

Earning My Ears
Greetings!

My husband and I lurked on this forum here and there while we were preparing for our latest (of 3 so far...with #4 already booked for 2011) Adventures by Disney tour, "Rocky Trails & Mountie Tales" (Glacier Park, Montana and Banff, Canada). It appears that not many DIS members have been on that tour, at least in comparison to many of the other trips ABD offers, so it was suggested that I post my trip reports here, for peoples' future reference. I hope you find them enjoyable or at least helpful.

Sat., Sept. 4th: On Our Way!
Sun., Sept. 5th: Mary Glacier Lake & Storytelling
Mon., Sept. 6th: White Water Rafting & Red Bus Tour
Tue., Sept. 7th: Onward to Canada, Eh!
Wed., Sept. 8th: Biking, Painting & Banff Hot Springs
Thur., Sept. 9th: Hiking, Gondola & Horseback Riding
Fri., Sept. 10th: Lake Louise, Moraine Lake & "The Last Supper"
Sat., Sept. 11th: Going Home & My Thoughts/Reflection of the Tour
Rocky Trails & Mountie Tales '10: The Video

My blog also has the trip reports that I did for the Southwest Splendors tour we went on in '07 and the Backstage Magic one we did in '08. Respective links to those can be found here and here.

Safe travels...

Thanks for posting! I think we've only had one trip report on the itinerary so far. Looking forward to reading yours. I have to wait until I get home from work though. :sad1:

I just love reading trip reports :goodvibes

Think I'll settle in to yours this evening after dinner with a nice cup of coffee :surfweb:

I'm looking forward to reading your reports when I get home this evening!

Be sure and put a link to this post in the Sticky at the top of this Forum! That will help people find your report later on!

Sayhello

You're very welcome. Again, I hope it's helpful.

Also, thanks for the advice - I added a link to this thread on the Sticky thread.

Yeah - she told us she had done that one several times, too. I may be wrong (my memory is really, really bad) but I think she's going to be doing Australia pretty soon...?

Both she and Tiffany rocked just as much as Chris and Mike had for our Southwest Splendors trip in '07.

We had Chris and Mike for our Southwest Splendors trip last June!!! They were awesome!!!

That's a very informative, entertaining and wonderful blog! Thanks for sharing!

Chris was one of the Guides I had, also, for Southwest Splendors in '08. He was fabulous! So was Sheryl.

Sayhello

Sharon,

Your trip report was great. Geraldine and Tiffany were our guides for Southwest Splendor in Oct 2009. Tiffany told us at that time that she was going to do the Rockies ABD. We also did an "adults only tour". We made some great friends on that trip and I have considered another ABD for my non-Disney loving husband. Unfortunately, we have college tuition to deal with, so it may have to wait a year or two.
Your report of the Rockies tour has me rethinking that, as it sounds as they type of trip my husband would love. Although, if Tiffany and Geraldine would be our guides, I could only imagine the looks on their faces when they saw my husband. He truly was one of the wise-asses of the group.

Yeah - she told us she had done that one several times, too. I may be wrong (my memory is really, really bad) but I think she's going to be doing Australia pretty soon...?

Both she and Tiffany rocked just as much as Chris and Mike had for our Southwest Splendors trip in '07.

Great trip report! I checked out your SWS trip report too. Mike was our guide in Alaska last year. He is fantastic!

Thanks for a great review Sharonkurland. We ( myself, wife and 10 yr.old daughter) have already reserved a spot next summer. We just returned from Alaska, our first ABD trip and we loved it so much we rebooked for next year.Your pictures were wonderful and the bummer for me was the bad coffee. I guess we have to pack some Starbucks instant. But all in all you made us more relaxed and know what to expect. Thanks again.:thumbsup2

Just when I thought I was done with the travel blog ;-) …one of the other people on our tour, Bob T., from New Hampshire (and his lovely with Bonnie) made an awesome 10-minute photo montage of the trip, along with some shots of the other places in Canada that they visited on their own, after the tour was over. I asked him permission to post it onto my blog, he said it was OK and I think it's good enough to mention here. So here's a link:

Rocky Trails & Mountie Tales '10: Bob's Video

Hey, Sharon! I can't believe it took me this long to get a chance to read through your blog. Thanks so much! I was supposed to take this trip in 2009, but it got cancelled in the great cancel-palooza of that year. I really loved my Alaska trip, but have always wondered about Rocky Trails & Mountie Tales. I'm definitely going to have to put this on my list to sign up for again. But maybe not in Sept. The weather looked more than a little iffy that time of year!

Great pictures, wonderful stories. I'll be prepared for the food & accommodations in Montana, and just hold on for Banff. The lakes & mountains near Banff look just spectacular!

I did Southwest Splendors in 2008. It *was* a spectacular trip, and I still think one of ABD's best. I have a link to my report in my signature. I'll have to hunt through you blog for yours.

So what ABD are you signed up for for 2011? Just a warning, if it's Alaska, your record for never using a porta-potty *will* be ruined! ;)

Sayhello

We're going to go to Ireland with ABD next year.

Actually, we're going to Alaska next year too, but not with ABD...just on the Disney Cruise. I've already gone on an Alaskan cruise (Holland America. It ROCKED and Disney has some HUGE shoes to fill) and know I can "do it" without a porta-potty ;-)

We're going to go to Ireland with ABD next year.

Actually, we're going to Alaska next year too, but not with ABD...just on the Disney Cruise. I've already gone on an Alaskan cruise (Holland America. It ROCKED and Disney has some HUGE shoes to fill) and know I can "do it" without a porta-potty ;-)
I've heard a lot of great things about the Ireland ABD!

Oh, yes, you absolutely can do the cruise without porta-potties. But the Alaska ABD cannot be done without them. Unless you have a bladder of steel! :eek:

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter