ABD Isn't Interested in Feedback

Maybe you should call or email ABD and let them know you want to provide feedback on your upcoming trip. I would think they would be particularly interested in hearing from you since you're a returning guest.

Maybe you should call or email ABD and let them know you want to provide feedback on your upcoming trip. I would think they would be particularly interested in hearing from you since you're a returning guest.

Maybe.

I would especially like to be able to compliment some of their tour guides, we gave had some terrific individuals who made our adventures outstanding.

But I still think that ABD may not solicit information from all of their guests.

I just returned from my ABD Germany vacation and have already received and submitted my ABD survey. It arrived one week after the adventure ended.

Yes, I too also have the very same experience as you during my ABD's "Backstage Magic" vacation (March 27th-April 4th 2010). If you were to search for "If I were Fraggle" and then hit enter -

Up will pop up my trip report.

And yes, I took my issues all the way to Corporate and for the most part, got...say over 70% of my issues addressed in a positive way.

BUT.......

YES - I had a horrible experience with Kristen (one of the guides on my very first experience out at Disneyland in April 2010), etc.....

BUT - Does that mean that I am going to totally write off ABD??

My answer is NO.

I haven't and am still keeping them in mind for future vacations.

I read your cryptic account of having your vacation ruined, but you were never clear on the details. I don't know if Kristen is doing that tour anymore, but I was part of her very first Backstage Magic tour in December 2008. I found her to be professional and fun.

knewton64--I also read your Backstage Magic trip report and was confused about what exactly happened. Would you mind giving more details or at least disclosing the nature of your problem? For example, did you not like your room assignment, etc.? (I'll admit we were a little frustrated when the majority of our BSM tour got DCA park views, while we were stuck with a second-floor view of the taxi waiting area. Those cabbies would argue with each other--loudly--every morning. We didn't complain, though. Just figured it was the luck of the draw.)

knewton64--I also read your Backstage Magic trip report and was confused about what exactly happened. Would you mind giving more details or at least disclosing the nature of your problem? For example, did you not like your room assignment, etc.? (I'll admit we were a little frustrated when the majority of our BSM tour got DCA park views, while we were stuck with a second-floor view of the taxi waiting area. Those cabbies would argue with each other--loudly--every morning. We didn't complain, though. Just figured it was the luck of the draw.)

Um.....I feel that a much better way to state what happened is exactly what the orignal poster said in this thread.

Per se,
The very same thing happened to me and I found that a lapse in customer servicing of the guest doesn't sit well with me as I work in the hotel hospitality industry.
And I don't hesitate to call out anyone in the service industry (travel, hotel, restaurant, gas station, etc) who chooses to deliver to me that kind of customer service.

The errors that took place occured not only at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel (Yes, I was issued a room upgrade so that wasnt the issue) but most importantly at the level of one of the ABD Guides; Kristen.

Now does that mean I have totally written off ABD??

NO.

WHY??

On a side bar here as well as including this vacation,
one of the many issues I have brought up (post this vacation) to the office of Mr. Craig Hodges (ABD) it appears that via the posting of DIsneyKevin (his post just this week on ABD side of DIsboadrds)-

.....ABD is now doing.

And I like that.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

(ok...that was a compliment to ABD - they get 2 thumbs up)

WHY??

I have every intention on returing one day to the nice state of California and seeing the Walt Disney Family Museum; etc and do the San Fran vacation thing and somehow innertwine a 2 day stop over at Anaheim and see DL the way it should be presented; thru Walt's eyes ("A Walk in Walt's footsteps).

Or I may opt enstead and go thru ABD's BSM tour and see the changes like for ex I have never seen the World of Color, etc.

I dont know just yet which way to turn on this or I may do a ABD Rocky Tails tour......

Whatever the case may be, I AM very appreciative that ABD is choosing to unveil the round trip n/c ground transfers to the airport and to express a thank you to the 2+ ABD returning Guests.:yay:

yes, they will have me as a returning Guest, it is just a matter of when but I do feel as I mature thru the process of traveling 2 a year now, to not sweat the small stuff, take a big gulp of air, express your feelings, then move forward shud I feel that customer service went awry somewhere.

So, all is well w/me. I am now having fun planning my NYC adventure....never been there and looking forward to it.

Hope this clears up any confusion.:goodvibes

Only 90 more days & I am off to Hawaii:woohoo:

And yes - I will make a stop over and see the new Hotel of Disneys:goodvibes.

Now.....if this dang 100+ weather will just gooooo awwaayyyyyyyyy
;)

T.T.F.N.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter