ABD Deposit & Disney Visa Card

RatherB@Disney

Ohana means Family, and Family means.......
I thought that an ABD vacation package, including the deposit, qualified for the 6-month 0% interest financing through the Chase Disney Visa. I noticed on my statement today that the deposit made in November (via DU Travel) did not show the special financing. I contacted Chase and they said, upon review of my statement and records, that the transaction did not qualify per the terms and conditions.... So I've requested the T&C's be sent to me again to figure out why this didn't qualify. (maybe I missed them, but couldn't find the T&C's online and haven't yet dug through my financial records to find them)

Has this happened to anyone else? It's been awhile since I've booked any type of package, but I'm pretty sure any previous package that I've booked through AAA or DU ( including the deposits) qualified for the 0%.

Not a HUGE deal now as I pay the CC balance completely each month, but "freeing up" $900 for a month or two to help recover from holiday shopping would be nice. This will mean more in a few months when the balance is due!

I charged our trip on Disney Visa a few years ago. I pay off my credit card balances every month too, and it bothers me to have a large balance even if there is no interest, so I paid off a big chunk the first month. That was the only charge on the card for that month and there was no interest charged. The next month I charged something really small on the card, something less than $20. I made another big payment and was surprised to see that I was charged interest on the remaining balance. So even though I paid more than a thousand dollars on the card that month, I was still charged interest on the total balance because of the $20 charge. So I don't use that card any more for any purchases. Not the same situation as yours, but I'm sure that the charge originally qualified for 0% interest.

All of my payments on my two ABDs were zero % on the Chase Visa..
While I pay my CCs in full every month... when I get a zero % deal like this on a huge payment like an ABD for 4 people... I don't pay it until the end of the 6 months.

I checked and my most recent deposit made 11/15 did not qualify for the 6 months no payment either, nor did my airfare payment. In the past they have. I wonder what's up? I made the payment directly with ADB, not through a travel agent and the charges show up as "Disney Resorts"

Zero percent financing is a promotion run by the credit card companies.

This is not a Disney promotion or a travel agent promotion.

While I am sure Disney has control over whether a banking institution can use their name, neither Disney nor you TA has any say as to whether your purchase qualifies.

This is what the Disney Rewards Visa website says:

As an ongoing card perk, you get special vacation financing (a promotional APR of 0% for 6 months) on select Disney vacation packages, Disney cruises, Adventures by Disney® packages and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i vacation packages purchased with your Disney Visa® Card through the Walt Disney Travel Company, your travel agent or online at Disney sites.

...............it is my suspicion that the bank wants to push all the "non-fee" Disney cards into the yearly fee Disney card they offer now......after this next trip to WDW I will start to use my other reward card because the rewards are so much better.

...............it is my suspicion that the bank wants to push all the "non-fee" Disney cards into the yearly fee Disney card they offer now......after this next trip to WDW I will start to use my other reward card because the rewards are so much better.

My deposit was made with the Disney Premier Visa, so this is not the case in my situation.

The only thing I'm aware of that would make the payment not eligible for the 0% financing is a payment under $101.

After asking Chase for more specifics as to why my $900 ABD deposit did not qualify, I still only receive this general statement:

Thank you for contacting Chase about the special financing
perk that comes with your Disney Premier Rewards® Visa®
Card account ending in XXXX.

The $900.00 Disney vacation transaction did not qualify
for the special financing perk. We are unable to make any
adjustments to a transaction that has posted to your
account.

If you feel that all of the requirements were met as
indicated in the following list:
- Charge the entire transaction to your Disney's Visa Card
account, including the deposit and all payments. The 0%
APR is good for six months following the date of the
credit card transaction.
- Be sure to call the appropriate Disney travel package
phone number, and request a Walt Disney Travel Company or
a Disney Cruise Line package. The numbers have been
provided below. Disney packages offered by third-party
vendors do not qualify.
- Charged to Disney?s Visa Card prior to arrival
- All package components must be charged to the Disney's
Visa Card before check-in
- Walt Disney World® Packages must include a minimum
1-night accommodation at a Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel
and a "Magic Your Way" base ticket or Disneyland® Resort
Packages must include a minimum 2-night accommodation and
1-day or longer Park Hopper ticket

FOR DISNEY VACATION 0% PACKAGES, CALL

Walt Disney World Resort® 1-407-828-8101
Disneyland Resort® 1-800-543-0857
Disney Cruise Line® 1-800-257-2024
Adventures By Disney® 1-866-242-8740

If the transaction qualifies, it will automatically
receive the special financing.

If your transaction did meet these requirements, you may
wish to contact a Disney castmember as to how your
transaction was processed.

We appreciate the opportunity to help you. We value our
relationship with you and thank you for choosing Chase.
Please contact us anytime if you need assistance.

................sounds like it's time to "take your business elsewhere"...........other cards now offer better rewards.

sounds like a robo email to me.

I rechecked mine and it did get zero %. It was this time last year and it was on the premier card.

Has anybody received any clarification on this issue? I pulled out my Disney Visa card to make payments on two ABD reservations but my statement is not reflecting the promotional financing. There are two charges each about $5500 and no other charges on my statement.

Wow! This same thing happened to me to. I went balistic! Called ABD & Chase. Chase claimed ABD didn't code the transaction properly while ABD says they just run the card, there is no "coding" involved. I finally found a supervisor with ABD that was really helpful, especially after I told them either they get my 0% financing figured out or they needed to refund my entire trip purchase including airfare. Amazingly things got figured out really quickly.

Wow! This same thing happened to me to. I went balistic! Called ABD & Chase. Chase claimed ABD didn't code the transaction properly while ABD says they just run the card, there is no "coding" involved. I finally found a supervisor with ABD that was really helpful, especially after I told them either they get my 0% financing figured out or they needed to refund my entire trip purchase including airfare. Amazingly things got figured out really quickly.
Actually, I just got an "invitation" to upgrade to the Premium card, or whatever they call it, and it says that *they* (Chase) code the merchants that qualify for the extra 1%, but they can't code everything, so if you don't get the extra 1%, oh, well, too bad. So they must do the same sort of thing for the 0% financing. But it's pretty sad if they can't even code a Disney company correctly...

Sayhello

Actually, I just got an "invitation" to upgrade to the Premium card, or whatever they call it, and it says that *they* (Chase) code the merchants that qualify for the extra 1%, but they can't code everything, so if you don't get the extra 1%, oh, well, too bad. So they must do the same sort of thing for the 0% financing. But it's pretty sad if they can't even code a Disney company correctly...

Sayhello

The coding of a transaction should be with Chase not the merchant. I know when we run CC's at our small business, there's no coding involved. You just run the CC. Hopefully with these issues, ABD has contacted Chase to get them to code it correctly for 0% financing.

Incidentally I used the Disney Premium Card for a while. It's a pretty good card because you get the extra 1% on Disney, restaurants, groceries, and fuel. So if you're charging more than $4900/yr on the card it's worth it. Even if you're not, they're running a promo now for $100 gc. So you could always change back to the regular card later.

The coding of a transaction should be with Chase not the merchant. I know when we run CC's at our small business, there's no coding involved. You just run the CC. Hopefully with these issues, ABD has contacted Chase to get them to code it correctly for 0% financing.

Incidentally I used the Disney Premium Card for a while. It's a pretty good card because you get the extra 1% on Disney, restaurants, groceries, and fuel. So if you're charging more than $4900/yr on the card it's worth it. Even if you're not, they're running a promo now for $100 gc. So you could always change back to the regular card later.
That's interesting about the $100 gift card. The invite I got offered $50 in Rewards dollars. I'd rather have the gift card. I'll have to ask about it. But thanks for the info on the Premium Card.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter