ABD and older teens

magickingdommommy

Mouseketeer
We are thinking of trying ABD for the first time next year, leaning towards the London & Paris tour.

Just wondering if anyone has taken their older teens. DS will be 18, DD will be 16 (OMG I am getting old)

Is the ABD experience something that older teens will enjoy? Is there usually a wide range of ages? Are most of the kids younger?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

I don't have kids, but I did just get back from an Adventure.

Our group was about 1/2 "kids" ranging in age from about 9 to 18, with 12-16 years having the largest number (though there was a wide age range in our group in general). Anyway, the older kids seemed to have a great time and could choose whether they went with the adults or the juniors. 15 seemed to be the cut-off our kids naturally made for themselves to participate as juniors or not, but I'm sure it varies from group to group and activity to activity. I think older teens would find it quite enjoyable.

We are thinking of trying ABD for the first time next year, leaning towards the London & Paris tour. Just wondering if anyone has taken their older teens. DS will be 18, DD will be 16 (OMG I am getting old) Is the ABD experience something that older teens will enjoy? Is there usually a wide range of ages? Are most of the kids younger? Any thoughts would be appreciated

Our first ABD was London/Paris for DD18 graduation gift ... Only two other children were on that trip - 13 & 8 brother & sister. Our daughter LOVED every minute of it. Last year we did Germany and there were many more kids - another great trip. Different vibe with more kids at different ages, but just as enjoyable. The guides do a great job of making sure everyone is happy. ;-)

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We're going on the Scotland Adventure in August and my three kids, ages 20, 17, and 16, and they are really looking forward to it. I'm assuming that my 17 year old son will always opt for the adult options to hang out with his 20 year old brother. For my daughter, I'm guessing it will be a mix. There is a junior adventurer horse ride that she will definitely want to do!

I'll be able to offer more feedback in 6 weeks!

We are thinking of trying ABD for the first time next year, leaning towards the London & Paris tour.
Just wondering if anyone has taken their older teens. DS will be 18, DD will be 16 (OMG I am getting old)
Is the ABD experience something that older teens will enjoy? Is there usually a wide range of ages? Are most of the kids younger?
Any thoughts would be appreciated
As long as there are other teens of similar age along.

You can actually inquire about this with ABD prior to booking.
They can give you age & sex of the other kids in the group.

Thanks for all the responses. And I am glad to hear that ABD are fun for kids of all ages.
I, my wife, and our nearly 16 y/o twins (DD & DS) will be going on the London & Paris trip in three weeks. When making reservations we were somewhat flexible on dates, so we asked ABD which of our preferred dates had other families signed up where the families had teens with the same ages as our teens. ABD was very accommodating and helped us pick one where our teens will have companions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter