ABD 2010: Disers Go West - Let the Fun Begin

Hope that's the end of the travel woes.

Just close your eyes and rest as much as you can Dodie - you're gonna need all the extra energy for this adventure!!

Bob's donuts live up to the reputation! ;-)

cheers,
:flower3:

Have to be quick, we are going down the runway for take off. I am so excited!

Checked into the Hollywood Renaissance this afternoon, the hotel is beautiful!

Safe travels to everyone on their way!

Jason

I'm all checked in at the Hollywood Renaissance. I'm sort of in zombie mode now since I didn't get much sleep on the plane. Gonna take it easy today, take a long hot shower and just relax. I would be interested in doing the Japanese restaurant tomorrow (Monday) night if there's room for an extra person.

columnwest said:
I'm all checked in at the Hollywood Renaissance. I'm sort of in zombie mode now since I didn't get much sleep on the plane. Gonna take it easy today, take a long hot shower and just relax. I would be interested in doing the Japanese restaurant tomorrow (Monday) night if there's room for an extra person.

if there is more interest in joining us, we should call Yamashiro and get a second reservation going for 7:30ish. Apparently, if you make a ressie for more than 6 people, they want a credit card and will charge $25 a person to it. Less than 6, no prob. Welcome to pretentious Hollywood....

Chris, I'll pm you my cell number.

Okay - I just heard from Karen. I am going to pick her up from the Observatory and bring her back to the hotel. I have permission from Ian to come hang out for a while. Making them roasted whole lemon herb chicken now.

See some of you in the hotel, possibly! Are there dinner plans?

Hope everyone is safe and having fun so far. Can't wait to start seeing photos!

IMG_0850.jpg
[/IMG]

Just did online checked in and printed out our boarding passes. And I have weighed my luggage and I have lots of extra poundage for the return trip!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Now I just need to do a little work so I can be relatively work free this week and I am good to go!!! California here I come!!! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

It's been a long day!

For me, the flight to CA and getting to the hotel was uneventful. I was able to walk around the Hollywood and Highland Complex. It was crowded. But then again, Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the Hollywood Walk of Fame are right outside the hotel. THe Hollywood Renaissance is very nice.

I met up with Kevin, John, Tracey and Chris and went on a little road trip. We made our way thru West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Bel Aire and Santa Monica. The celeb we found was (WO)man (good find Tracey!).

Forecast is calling for rain tomorrow. We'll see what Monday brings along with fellow Adventurers! To those of you arriving tomorrow, safe travels.

Just did online checked in and printed out our boarding passes. And I have weighed my luggage and I have lots of extra poundage for the return trip!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Now I just need to do a little work so I can be relatively work free this week and I am good to go!!! California here I come!!! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Get here girl!

My plane leaves in 11 hours. I guess I should start packing...:rolleyes1

I have to be up at 4:15ish to be clean and presentable for my flight. I will leave for the airport at 5:15 (in 9 hours, ugh) and I will be airborne at 7:15 and on the ground at 11am!! Yea!!:woohoo:

Hollywood, Here I Come!

EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the updates! I am mostly packed, cat sitter instructions printed out, all chargeables charged and ready. One more work day, a board meeting for the circus school, and then I'm free to launch the vacation.

It is way fun to know what you all are up to!

Somewhere, the other Bill Taylor is is being driven around LA in style.

Sorry things started out bumpy for you. They will get better!

LOL :)

I am sure this was just a hiccup and I have already purged it from my brain. :)

- Bill

Great pics Bill!
Can't wait to see the sights when its not pouring rain.
Went to Mel's Diner for a quick bite to eat and met up with Karen and Nancy.
Back at the room now relaxing with a cold one.
Huge rooms here at the Orchid Suites.
Not fancy or anything, but large!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter