• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABD 2009 Brochure

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
Has anyone gotten their ABD brochure for 2009? I ordered mine ages ago (one back in August and another in September for a friend) and haven't seen hide nor hair of either one. The website says they're supposed to be available in September, so I was wondering if it was just me that hadn't gotten mine, or not.

Sayhello

I think they just started shipping this week. I have the one they handed out at the conference two weeks ago, but they were guarding them like gold and just gave us one each. :) They look really nice! It'll be fun to see if any DIS'ers have their photos in there!

Dotti

Has anyone gotten their ABD brochure for 2009? I ordered mine ages ago (one back in August and another in September for a friend) and haven't seen hide nor hair of either one. The website says they're supposed to be available in September, so I was wondering if it was just me that hadn't gotten mine, or not.

Sayhello

They just became available to ship on Sept 25th. They just started filling the orders this past Monday. I have an online version of the brochure, if you would like a copy of it just pm me your email

Sayhello

Is there a reason that you need one right away? If so, I am sure that ABD or one of us here will send you a copy ASAP.

Is there a reason that you need one right away? If so, I am sure that ABD or one of us here will send you a copy ASAP.
Thanks for that, but no, I was just really curious how it looked, and wanted to be able to share the info about my next vacation with the folks at work. I was mostly just curious why I hadn't gotten it yet, and if I should say something to ABD or not. But if they are just now being mailed, I'll just wait a while longer...

Sayhello

I received an email this week that my brochure I ordered a few months back is in the mail. If you go to the website, there is a box to click on for the video and brochure. Then, click on "view e-brochure". The entire book is there.

I had been wondering about the same thing. I'm glad you asked, SayHello.

I wonder if the lateness of the hard copy brochure reflects that they are doing so well with online bookings that they don't really need it, or if it is more of a mistake.

I personally really like to have something to hold in my hand when making big decisions like a vacation. Yet, if I had waited to get my catalog, I'm sure most of the discounts would be gone. If people aren't online, and are just getting this info now, it seems a little late. I wonder if they will have included promos for early booking? Seems like that will lead to some ticked off customers. Or maybe not?

What do ya'll think?

I had been wondering about the same thing. I'm glad you asked, SayHello.

I wonder if the lateness of the hard copy brochure reflects that they are doing so well with online bookings that they don't really need it, or if it is more of a mistake.

I personally really like to have something to hold in my hand when making big decisions like a vacation. Yet, if I had waited to get my catalog, I'm sure most of the discounts would be gone. If people aren't online, and are just getting this info now, it seems a little late. I wonder if they will have included promos for early booking? Seems like that will lead to some ticked off customers. Or maybe not?

What do ya'll think?

One of the photographers was on our ABD trip with us in late June, and told us at that time teh new brochures wouldn't be out until late September. Late June/early July he was still shooting for the brochure.

So the publisihing date has nothing to do with how many or few bookings they've had.

Sayhello

Got Mine in the mail yesterday! Very nice! DVD is alot like last years with the few pics on the new itins in it though...Very exciting

Yay! Got mine today! And it's *gorgeous*. I think it's interesting that the cover picture & color scheme don't match the folder they used to send the paperwork out in like they did last year. The folder had a much greener color palette. But I like what's on the brochure better, so I'm not complaining! :cool1:

*off to read & share*

Sayhello

Mine came very quickly. I ordered it over the weekend and got it today. I just wish the DVD wasn't just a general overview of ABD and would go a little further into each destination.

But still I was very excited that it arrived today.

Did anyone who ordered a 2009 ABD brochure still not get theirs yet? I ordered one in July and still have not received it. Should I make another request?

I have gotten three. Probably because I ordered one, then it didn't come so then I ordered it again. Plus since I am going on a trip this year they sent me another one. If you order another one you will probably get two.

A little off the mark here...

Question for you experienced ABD travelers. The thing that concerns me about ABD. It's like being on a cruise. When its time to go its time to go. Sometimes you miss out on something but and the next activity may not be as fun and exciting.

Did you find that to be the case on any of your ABD adventures?

You know, that was a very interesting thing about our Southwest Splendors trip in August. It was our first ABD, and we had the same question as you. But with 4 kids, I was also concerned about the inverse--what if we were all ready to leave, but the tour was scheduled to stay longer? Sometimes when kids are done, they are done. The interesting thing that we talked about alot after the trip was how perfectly things were timed. You never felt rushed like you wished you could stay longer, but you never felt like "could we just go already" either. How many times they must have run this itinerary to know exactly the perfect length for each activity! And every activity was fun and exciting. We truly felt immersed in every city, not just a taste of it, but a real feel for each place we visited. And when it was time to leave you left feeling you knew the place and had seen it and it was time to move on to the next part of the adventure. Cannot sing the praises enough! Looking forward to Quest for the West next summer!

I have to agree with the previous post. We've done a lot of travelling - both on our own and with guided tours, so our expectations for ABD were pretty high, I think. We've done 2 ABD trips so far and we've been consistently impressed with the scheduling and the pace of things. We never felt rushed and we were never bored waiting for something to happen. The pace was always just right - with downtime in just the right places. After we did our first ABD, we liked it so much that we were afraid the next ABD trip would not measure up! Surprisingly (or not!), the second trip matched the first in terms of quality, attention to detail, etc. - even though the 2 tours could not be more different in terms of locale and itinerary.

I guess what I'm saying is, "Don't worry!". :)

KLondon,
I have a question I have been wanting to ask you. I have read both your trip reports, which are SO fabulously written. (Say Hello did as outstanding a job on hers as well--enjoyed reading both of y'alls accounts.)
So after reading Knights and Lights and Path to Pura Vida I do agree with your previous post that they are very different trips. When reading them, it seemed to me that Knights and Lights involved alot of sightseeing (and alot of walking!). Costa Rica seemed to be more activities(white water rafting,zip lining,etc.) With my kids ages (7,9,11,and 19) I feel like they enjoy a more active trip. They loved Southwest Splendors, which was sightseeing with a very active focus--helicopter rides, atv's , horses, hummers, jeep rides, white water rafting,etc. We are trying to decide between Germany and Costa Rica for 2010, (Quest for the West already booked for 2009) and wondered if this feeling I have that Costa Rica is more active a vacation is valid. Your thoughts would be so appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter