ABC's of Trip Planning (Oct 10-20), Vol. 2- Z is for: Zippidee Doo Dah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm saying 40 points because.... Well just because!

Ok, all your points are edited/added into "The Spreadsheet". :)

Love your binder pages! Congrats on the FP results. My fav Jordyism is the Peeps! I'm trying to come alive after a REALLY LOOONG travel day yesterday that should have been a breeze. Apparently Frontier airlines is the Jet Blue of the West. I will have to go back and dissect your contest!

Thanks, Tammie! Lots going on, on the trip front. :)

YES! His Peeps. Awww, I miss him. I'll bet you had a loooooong day; I hate airline delays and such.

The contest isn't that hard, really. The only delay was The Lists, which you now have. Guess once for each category, and we'll see how it all unfolds over the course of the next months during the TR.

I will go with 40 points on the top tens.

Got it! All changed for you!

And my favorites of Jordy were his bathroom ratings and the pics in front of the Chinese restaurant/laundry on Streets of America

You mean like this:

Congrats on getting all the FiPs you wanted!

Thanks, Lessa! Always an exciting day! Hoping to get over to see your pretty pix tonight! :)

I have no clue what I originally guessed for the top 10 lists, and there's no way I'm going back and searching, so I guess I'm stuck with my original guesses! That's ok - I meant it to be an easy one-and-done set of guesses!

You guessed 30. I'm going to leave it at that; you may actually be pretty close on this part. ;)

Flight & Travel 65
ADR 25
Drinks 150 - anything less is unacceptable
Shop around the world 65
Hidden Mickey 40
Resorts 20
Top Ten 50
Transportation 20
Miscellaneous 45

Ok, all stashed in the handy, dandy Word .docx :) I may deduct points for making me do the math, though. You remember me and math, right. ;)

Dang, you're crafty.

That's not double entendre, right?

It all looks like a nice added touch. Certainly more effort than I'd put into it, but I like it! The guest book thing is a nice touch too!

I'm looking forward to decorating. While the kids take a little nap upon arrival, I'll be busy with my craftiness.

Beautiful scenery. I enjoyed all of the pictures that you took!

Thanks, Andy. It was a fabulous trip. Travel is my thang!

I know! I know!

I had ZERO idea what that was. Greg had to explain how it worked with the tracks and conveyor belt and all. Fascinating!

So you're saying that your opinion was better than the overly opinionated blowhard's opinion??? :rolleyes1

Well, yes. Yes, I was. My/Our opinion WAS better, we just didn't blowhard about it. Seriously? A Toyota Corolla on an unimproved, non-maintained, rural road on cliffs. No. Just no.

No. No I don't.

Fine then.

Looks like a nice little getaway!

You'll get a pretty nice little bonus TR out of it. ;)

Oh thanks for the invite.

I guess this means @Captain_Oblivious , @pkondz and I will just have to have a guys trip and take Dan with us.

Starting to sound an awful lot like a girls' getaway trip with a massive (ly fun) DISMeet in the mix. I'm liking that!

Ok, I'm going to play stupid here... what is the i for?

Absolutely nothing other than making the little word roll off the tongue better. It's catchy and all the rage.

The last thing on this list is a MUST!

I can't see which list you are talking about- the image isn't showing. BUT, I am guessing it's the AKL List and it's "Sit on a Veranda and do nothing". If so, an absolute MUST!

Definitely don't look at those numbers. They are never fun.

Too true. But a sad reality of planning how long it'll take me to get back there.

Looking at your FiP's, I just realized how long you're going to be gone for. I also just realized that I need to add you to the 'hate' list i've created recently for anyone going to WDW soon :snooty::snooty::snooty:

Yeah, I know. I'd love to hang my head in shame and hold a wake for you, but....

NO. :rotfl2:

(Of course, that doesn't apply to me personally, since I have about 6 people with Sept trips that are currently on my own same list. :lmao::lmao:)

ETA: Going back to enter the contest!!! :hyper:

YAY!!!! You won't be sorry!

This would, seriously, be one EPIC TR! The shenanigans you guys would get in to - can't even comprehend :faint:

You know what would be even more fun? Getting a spy group together to do recon on said shenanigans. Then we could do a tandem TR with "corrections" and necessary additions.

OK, since I know that Liesa is a busy gal and now has a day job, and I'm still a bum who sits around all day eating bon bons and DISing, I had the same question and here is her response.

PS. I'm not really a bum sitting around all day eating bon bons, and in fact a very icky part of my job will be rearing it's head soon.

Thanks for standing in the gap, Alison! I worked 6 hours today, then worked out, came home and made pizza dough/pizza, did some laundry, cleaned the bathroom and am now blissfully sitting in front of my computer with a Moscow Mule. (Side story: I ordered some copper mugs off of Amazon a few weeks ago. After a couple weeks of them not arriving, I checked things out. The company left the Marketplace, is not accepting any e-mails and is completely off the grid!!! Needless to say, I got my money back after filing a claim, but alas, no copper Mule mugs for my happy hour today. :( )

Anyway... I'm now wondering what has come up for you. It sounds like not a lot of fun at all.

:thumbsup2 Thanks. Clearly I'm just scrambling to play catch up and skipping the chit chat.

We understand, and sometimes that just has to be the way it is. Life WILL settle down at some point. In the meantime, we'll catch you up as you need it. :) I was just thinking about you this morning and your little one. Hope things are moving forward, even if by baby steps.

No, I was just totally confused about the contest, because I had it in my mind that you had designed it to be minimal work, submit your guesses and done. So I did. And I thought I was done. I can't even remember what I guessed. Then I read I had to go back and submit more guesses and was like, huh?:confused3 So now after reading this chapter I'm thinking I just needed to add my guesses for the last two lists. Either that or I completely missed something and have no shot. Which is usually where I end up anyway.

What was I talking about again?

OH brother. It is quite possibly the easiest contest on Contest Row right now. The only part that was needing a 2nd bit was the Lists, but only because I was behind and hadn't decided what was do-or-almost-die when I put it up. So yes, you are right and square on now, and your List Guesses are now added to the Master List. 50 points for that section.

Do you have this memory problem often?

Top Ten Lists: 50 points. So does that wrap me up?

Yes, you're all good now! LOL! Now all you have to do is see how it all plays out over the next few months during the TR!

No. You don't want to know. Just hand over the credit card and walk away.

So you're saying Disney is just like my kids?

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Oh, if the guy next to me is picking his nose on the plane, you KNOW there will be pictures!

Not always. If the park is very crowded, you'll get to do 3 and exactly 3 rides with minimal waits.

Great. That's encouraging. (I assume you're not counting IaSW, CoP, and Aladin.)

Well of course she did! :rolleyes:

I KNEW I could count on you!

She got quite a few this morning. Some days she only snagged a couple, but they seem to synch up with yours. :thumbsup2Made sure to at least grab one for Frozen Ever After and the new Soarin' :goodvibes although it appears the new tiering makes it a pain unless you want to do the same things over and over, which isn't a priority this trip.

Sounds like you did well then. I will take a peek tonight after dinner and see how they line up. And now, riding every darned thing over and over isn't high on this list either.

When you get a chance check MDE......you should be able to see them.::yes::

That's assuming MDE works....

As long as you shave, it's all good.

Not going to happen.

Waxing, however.......

Good move! Let us know what you find out.

I can't now.
If I write a TR, it's going in there!

They are neatly cannibalized from the books I used in my last trip almost 6 years ago,

Ew. If you're going cannibal...
a. Join the folk on the Jungle Cruise.
b. Eat fresher than 6 years old.

because, yes, I'm just that lazy.

I'll drink to that.

upload_2016-8-13_22-44-26-png.187634

Photo walk.
Did just that when I was there with Kay.
And really enjoyed it.

And read for 1 hour?
Ah, the luxury of an extended vacation...

FiP Day went famously!

So I see!

A few minor sacrifices have to be made (like getting up early while you're there and planning ahead!), but the benefits FAR outweigh those.

::yes::

One of the simple ways to buy yourself a LOT better trip into the parks is getting Fastpasses. Most of you reading this are thinking that this is a duh, but just in case there is a Newbie just researching and has stumbled upon this Trip Report, getting those FiPs is crucial to keeping out of the long lines for the rides you want to do most.

We get so used to hearing that all the time, that we forget that the vast majority of people who go have no idea about this.

Prim. Whirl- 5:00 (will be trying to trade this out for Dinosaur)

Prime Evil Hurl? No.... Just. No.

And that's the 17th... Dinosaur is scheduled to be back up the day before. Hopefully that will be the case.

BUT, I am guessing it's the AKL List and it's "Sit on a Veranda and do nothing". If so, an absolute MUST!

YES!

Yeah, I know. I'd love to hang my head in shame and hold a wake for you, but....

NO. :rotfl2:

:lmao:That's okay, i'll hold my own pity party on my verandah in Aulani in a few months ::yes::

You know what would be even more fun? Getting a spy group together to do recon on said shenanigans. Then we could do a tandem TR with "corrections" and necessary additions.

I seriously LOL'ED at this! :rotfl: Totally brilliant!

66725971.jpg

I LOVE this idea! But not on my TR's. Then you'd see how much I embellish the truth.

OH brother. It is quite possibly the easiest contest on Contest Row right now. The only part that was needing a 2nd bit was the Lists, but only because I was behind and hadn't decided what was do-or-almost-die when I put it up. So yes, you are right and square on now, and your List Guesses are now added to the Master List. 50 points for that section.

This is what happens when you don't have as much DIS time as you used to and you're desperately trying to keep up with as many of your friends' TR's as possible. You get sloppy. And I'm old and forget stuff.

Do you have this memory problem often?

What memory problem?

Oh, right.

Yes, you're all good now! LOL! Now all you have to do is see how it all plays out over the next few months during the TR!

Whew. That's a relief!

Oh, if the guy next to me is picking his nose on the plane, you KNOW there will be pictures!

:woohoo:

So you're saying Disney is just like my kids?

Well, sure. The money is as good as spent already.

Great. That's encouraging. (I assume you're not counting IaSW, CoP, and Aladin.)

Right. I assume you're not interested in wasting valuable Disney time concentrating on other attractions.

What gave it away? Was it the exploding helicopters?
Nah, after I finally got around to accepting the pretty woman that kept showing up in your pictures was really your wife and not a picture you stole from the internet, exploding helicopters wasn't much of a stretch at all...... :D

O is for Organizing the Outfit Options

We are down to less than 8 weeks. That is less than 2 months, and leaves me with 7 weeks to get through to Letter Z. 12 letters, 7 weeks. It also includes 5 solid days off the DIS except for phone surfing, a Mini Trip Report for kicks and giggles, and keeping up with you good people too. Must. Keep. Moving!

Since I made a few purchases over the last few days getting ready for San Francisco, and knew they'd be doubling up for Disney, I thought it might be time to showcase a few examples of what my DISDrobe might look like. A little of this, a little of that; a nice mix of nicer, casual and shorts/t-shirts. Ready for a tour?? Too bad. (Guys, if you are bored to death with clothing and shoes, run for your life. It's going to be a veritable clothing extravaganza, but I know there's at least one of you who may be interested in one particular item.)

So, without further ado... I present a small sampling:

The obvious place to wear this is MK. And yes. I will be wearing my tiara. I don't think they've outlawed those yet. Hmpph.

upload_2016-8-16_18-18-6.png

This one I couldn't resist, being that we're staying in the Little Mermaid Section! You can't see it very well, but that is my swimsuit cover.

upload_2016-8-16_18-20-0.png

Which will cover this:

Yep, going with shorts (which can double for park attire if need be) and a tankini. Because I liked the color. Mhmmm, yep, that's it- liked the color. (Flab had nothing to do with this whatsoever!)

upload_2016-8-16_18-21-11.png

I have 3 sundresses much like this, that I'll be taking. I'm packing another that you'll see in my SF TR, so no need to go berserk. Sorry the photo is blurry. I am not even trying for good ones right now. Anyway,

Knee length, short-sleeves, light and airy,
Shave your legs, and don't be hairy!

upload_2016-8-16_18-22-28.png

You've also already seen my V&As dress, but in case you've forgotten, here it is again:

13450811_1222275751118026_2973804261339581615_n.jpg

I'll be wearing the same strappy gold shoes too.

I may just wear it to AP as well, since DH isn't going to V&As and won't have seen me in it since Pinning.

But what about other day shoes?? Well, funny you should ask that! I just ordered them online and am having them shipped to San Fran so I can give them a BIG workout with loads of walking before Disney. I"ve heard that hands down Keens are the way to go. So I did.

These are for Anara, which I like better but they didn't have my size:

upload_2016-8-16_18-27-28.png

And these for me:

upload_2016-8-16_18-27-50.png

I'll let you know how they work out in the Mini TR.

Lastly, I'm going to do a mild Disney Bounding with this:

upload_2016-8-16_18-28-43.png

I think with Khaki capris like this:

upload_2016-8-16_18-30-7.png

and some fun accessories, I'll be getting pretty close to AnimalKingdomGirl. Raaaaawr!!!

Then again, it's long-sleeved and I may die in it. I might also just use it for a nightie while at AKL, which would also be wholly appropriate. Grrr!

Other than these more specialty items, there'll be a whole lotta sundresses, capris, OH! and a really great pre-shrunk, 100% cotton culotte and long flowy shirt like set. Didn't get a photo of that one, but that's for another AK day.

And there you have it- a load of fun things to feel comfy in while touring. We plan to do laundry once about halfway through, and hear they even take debit cards now in them. Is this a dream come true? No more packing quarters?

Much, much more to do before a long work day tomorrow and a 3:00 AM wake up call Thursday morning. OUCH!

As always, peace and love,

Steppe

Also, I've been absolutely abysmal at posting Photos of the Letter. But I may waste a little more time this evening to give you a few from M, N, and O. Because I love to look at my past photos.

M Photos

Hidden Mickey on the Moon:

A Mexican Souvenir:

A Mask Magnet:

A Mirror from Morocco:

My Maiden Name: (I was pretty happy to be done with that one!)

Me and Mary Poppins:

What gave it away? Was it the exploding helicopters?

No. The sharks that shot them down to cause the explosions.
I personally don't buy it.
They're not that good of shots.

We are down to less than 8 weeks.

Yes we are.

Must. Keep. Moving!

Go Liesa, go!

(Guys, if you are bored to death with clothing and shoes, run for your life. It's going to be a veritable clothing extravaganza, but I know there's at least one of you who may be interested in one particular item.)

:rolleyes1

And yes. I will be wearing my tiara. I don't think they've outlawed those yet. Hmpph.

Nor should they.
Princesses need them, you know.

This one I couldn't resist, being that we're staying in the Little Mermaid Section! You can't see it very well, but that is my swimsuit cover.

Perfect!!

Knee length, short-sleeves, light and airy,
Shave your legs, and don't be hairy!

:laughing:

And there you have it- a load of fun things to feel comfy in while touring. We plan to do laundry once about halfway through, and hear they even take debit cards now in them. Is this a dream come true? No more packing quarters?
Actually, our experience at POR last winter was that they only take cards. No change, no magic band, just cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter