• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABC parade taping - any updates?

mrsjoannh13

DIS Veteran
Leaving in 5 days - WOOT! We'll be there through 11/14 and last I heard the ABC Christmas parade was scheduled for 11/10 - 11/13 or 11/14. Just wondering if anyone has any updates. I've not found anything online that is recent and/or with exact days and times for the taping.

Conflicting info abounds as the dates approach.
Expect changes, even from what is "announced."

Last edited:
My CM friend will be on one of the parade floats for the taping on 11/13. That's all that's known: parade segments in MK on the 13th. The names of the Host and celebs still have not been announced.

Tuesday and Wednesday will be scenes shot at Castle Court. Thursday will be parade taping.
Wear tastefully tacky Christmas wear and be near the Emporium for the best shot at being on TV.

Tuesday and Wednesday will be scenes shot at Castle Court. Thursday will be parade taping.
Wear tastefully tacky Christmas wear and be near the Emporium for the best shot at being on TV.

Any idea on timing for the shots and taping? Just trying to figure out if there is a remote possibility of getting decent castle shots with our pre-park opening ADRs on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

From what I was told, there is a lot of stopping and starting involved in the taping process. I bet you would be able to get some great shots in downtime.
I would think that with early ADR's you would be good to go.

CMs go in very early in the mornings for tapings that aren't open to guests. Two years ago we had tickets to enter for the Castle and parade taping and we needed to enter MK at 7:30a.

Is it possible to watch part of the taping and then leave main street? Not during active taping, but like coming in during a break and watching until another break. Or are you stuck in a spot for the whole taping once you get there? I think watching some of it could be neat, but I wouldn't want to give up most of my day to do so.

Is it possible to watch part of the taping and then leave main street? Not during active taping, but like coming in during a break and watching until another break. Or are you stuck in a spot for the whole taping once you get there? I think watching some of it could be neat, but I wouldn't want to give up most of my day to do so.
yes, if you are not interested in staying for the whole thing you can watch for a bit and then leave

i am hoping for great family pics with the castle during pre opening adr on wed! fingers crossed for our first trip!

Any chance they'll put the big Christmas Tree up earlier this year in the MK since the parade taping is in November? I read on this board that it traditionally doesn't go up until after he parade taping because it blocks certain camera angles. We are arriving Nov. 27th and I'd love to see it!

Any chance they'll put the big Christmas Tree up earlier this year in the MK since the parade taping is in November? I read on this board that it traditionally doesn't go up until after he parade taping because it blocks certain camera angles. We are arriving Nov. 27th and I'd love to see it!
It will be up by then. The tree may appear as early as the 15th.

Wednesday (11th) & Thursday (12th) will be "miscellaneous" day and "after park hours" recording and Friday (13th) will be parade work. Saturday the 14th is a weather makeup day. Subject to change depending on weather

My CM friend invited my son and I to join her Thursday to watch the parade taping, but said we don't have to be at MK until 1pm. So I guess some portion is filming in MK that afternoon.

I also got my information from a CM... I will double check with him on the Thursday/Friday thing. :)

FWIW: We were told tonight that our work schedules for next Thursday and Friday (12th & 13th) will be getting changed in the next couple of days as changes are going to be made in the way and times they tape the parade. I know that my "long day" shift begins at 6am on Friday and doesn't end until late afternoon and it is a parade "taping" shift.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter