• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ABC Commissary...

I mainly like the fact that they have a curry dish which is different... any other place have a carribbean or curry dish anyone can recommend?

This is by far FAR FAR FAR-lol- the worse place I have ever eaten and not just in Disney I hate this place. cold, disgusting, soggy sandwich, I am not a picky eater but I could not finish my food. DH. Hated it too.

We actually used to like the Commissary, but it got progressively worse each time. It's always slow as can be and the food arrives cold. The last time we were there it was pretty bad, but I was not going to waste vacation time to get back in line and have to argue about my lunch.

I agree with those that have said that DHS is the worst place for quick service. There used to be an awesome hot dog stand up near Fairfax Faire(even worse than The Commissary), but it disappeared several years ago. I don't know why DHS is so different, but we pretty much try to avoid eating any qs there.

I do find it amazing the number of people that say the food was not edible and yet they don't take it back and get something else. I would never just throw it away. Get a manager and they will make it right. On another note..my favorite thing to get there is the Asian Chicken salad. It is so good...and something different that you don't see at all the counter service places.

The first time I visited this place I ordered the Cuban sandwich; it was horrible. After 15 minutes in line again and a moody manager I chose a hamburger instead. Terrible burger.

Can you believe I was dumb enough to try this pathetic place a year later and it was still terrible. Guess if I wanted a Asian chicken salad I may have been content but I'll never know; I will not eat at this place again. :)

I am not sure. I have heard rumors that this place is bad, not really sure. We have never eaten there because of the things we hear so we skip it.

I think it's fine. I do like the market by TOT better but w/ some of the new burger choices, I'm sure they are pretty good.

Senator Tressel said:
How is the curry?

I had it in Sept and was not impressed -- kind of a sweet and pasty , not unlike a frozen tv dinner.

Our Ratings of ABC Commissary:
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: The Commissary is modeled after the eateries at movie
studios where stars would eat. If this is true, it is no wonder that
the Golden Age of movies died. This is arguably the worst eatery
in all of WDW. It has a limited menu, and the items are far, far
below average in quality and taste. In many eateries, the food "is
to die for"; here, the food is "to die from".

the first time we did lunch there, my hamburger was on the dryside but the next time i went i had the burger with shrimp and it was great!

WOW, I can't believe there are so many negative reviews of this place! Living in the Orlando area for 7 years I would always hit up the ABC Commissary when I was at DHS and would always have a good time. I have had pretty much everything on the menu more than once. Over the years I must have eaten there at least 30 times. I found the CM to be very polite, lots of seating options, a great place to cool off, and the food was always to tempertature and tasty. Perhpas I just don't care that much about presentation or perhaps I have a bad toungue and can't taste how bad it is. The burger tasted juicy and hot, the Chicken Curry was spicy and loaded with meat, and that Cuban sandwich was so good that is usually what I ordered every time. Call me crazy but I will return to the good ole' ABC Commissary when I am there next month for a meal or two. ;)

I don't really understand the bad reviews, it's nothing special but it's tasty standard counter service fare.

It was never super-duper, but I liked it when they had the Cuban sandwich, fish and a few more interesting things on the menu. But as so often happens, they homogenized it and it's not as good anymore.

We hadn't eaten at ABC in years, then ended up there by default twice this year. My DH & I were freezing in Feb & looking for heat. We hadn't make an ADR, because we were planning to grab a sandwich & cupcake at SR. Unfortunately, it was too cold to sit outside. At ABC, we shared a burger. It was so cold he ate 2 bites, & I ate one, before throwing it away. Both the burger & fries were inedible. The 2nd time I was with extended family & tried to talk them out of eating there. It was close & they were hungry, so they wanted to go anyway. They all said they should have listened to me. My nephew is a 6' 4" policeman & he didn't eat all of his burgers & fries. He said it wasn't good. My niece & I shared an Asian salad & the curry dish both of which were very bland. The curry dish was reminiscent of a heat & serve can at the grocery store. We didn't come close to finishing either of them. Neither was something I would want to eat again. I don't remember what everyone else had, but much of it went in the trash too. This place consistently serves the worst food I've eaten at WDW. I don't know why they don't do something about it. Obviously, some of you like it, so there's not incentive for them to change.

I am so confused... The place is always packed and I have never heard anyone complain. It is the same burgers in my opinion as anywhere else. I mean, it's Disney- there is not much variety in cs meals. I have never had a problem and it seems like if it were this bad as people on here say we would have had a bad experience by now as many times as we hve been. I guess this is a complain thread though so it should be expected I am just suprised.

I am so confused... The place is always packed and I have never heard anyone complain. It is the same burgers in my opinion as anywhere else. I mean, it's Disney- there is not much variety in cs meals. I have never had a problem and it seems like if it were this bad as people on here say we would have had a bad experience by now as many times as we hve been. I guess this is a complain thread though so it should be expected I am just suprised.

I'm equally surprised that the negative reviews surprise you. :rotfl: You can see I've been on the DIS for a long time & this restaurant has been considered by most the worst CS location at WDW for as long as I've been here. That's the reason we went so many years w/o trying it again. Unfortunately, it was just as bad 10+ years later as we remembered it being causing us to stop eating there in the first place. It's also not surprising it's usually packed. It's typical fast food for the most part not to mention the fact that it has a lot of indoor seating all on the ground floor. That's not plentiful at DHS.

I guess that's the thing--I think there's a lot of variety at AK, EP and MK. For some reason DHS struggles.

It's getting better (Fairfax Fare is a good try at adding variety, though the execution is off) but the DHS CS offerings just don't compare, IMHO. ABC has been not good for awhile and they seem to have not much interest in making it better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter