AARRGGH too late to pre-book seats !!!

Highland Lass

Mouseketeer
I phoned Virgin today to pre-book seats ( late I know !!!) and all the pre-bookable seats have gone.

There are 6 of us travelling and at least 2 have to be together ( me and dd10).

We are twi-light checking at Gatwick so I'm not too concerned but what about coming back ??

Any body have any advice ?? please ............

Now that Downtown Disney check-in has re-opened I would suggest taking advantage of this, as it should give you more chance of grabbing seats that are together for the return flight.

It is $5 per person nowadays, but probably still worth it for the convenience, plus the increased choice of seats.

Paul

I know it's easier said than done, but I would try not to worry too much.

Although the pre-bookable seats have all been 'taken', that still leaves an awful lot of seats and these will be (I understand) pre-allocated before check-in, subject to last minute changes for various reasons.

I'm sure Virgin (along with all other airlines, I imagine) try to keep parties together wherever possible when pre-allocating the non-bookable seats. I doubt that, even if you were the very last people to check in, you would have six separate seats spread throughout the aircraft - a minimum of two together should be possible. Tell the check-in staff that you need to sit with your daughter - they won't want an unaccompanied minor on the aircraft any more than you do!

Don't panic. We were a party of 10 and so were not able to pre book. We sat together on both legs - made sure we were fairly near front of queue at check in on way there (16 Oct) and DTD check in on the way back (30/31 Oct - delayed flight).

I wouldn't worry! we left it too late to prebook during the summer but we still got seats together! virgin only prebook 40% of the seats on the plane- so my advice is to try and get there early- id say about 3 and a half hours before your flight (they recommend three hours for checkin but you can start checking in 4 hours before! At least then you have peace of mind- remember to book seats for the way back when you check in as well!
Good Luck!

:D :bounce:

we have never pre-booked seats and always sit together, it's not a big deal, as others have said, the airline doesn't want to split parties, and it's really only if you were the very last people boarding the plane that this is likely to happen.

we are flying out on Sunday, and we need a skycot, I've called lots of times and have been told the request is in the system but they won't allocate those seats until on the day, so we are also using Twilight checkin, cause I am hoping that will increase our chances, I really don't fancy 9 hours with Molly on my knee

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter