• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aaron & Katie : A Disneyland Wedding Story

HautePink

Earning My Ears
Where do I begin....

Inspired by all your amazing planning journals, here I am starting one for Aaron an I, am I'm excited about every minute of it,

Where We Met, Dating, and More:
I started working for a computer company that shall remain nameless but let's just call it "granny smith" (catch my drift?). At the time, I was just out of college and training customers how to use their computers, under the title of "creative". Aaron transferred to the location I was at as a computer technician, "genius" and I remember thinking.... Cutest nerd ever. He tells me he first saw me when he came in for his transfer interview and knew that he wanted to be there to meet me (or so he says..lol). Aaron and I had an interesting work relationship, it was basically shy looks and no direct eye contact. I was in a very serious relationship at the time that was very wrong for me, I worked towards improving my social life at work and that included going to Disneyland with a crew of co workers almost every other week. Aaron became part of this group because I somehow found out he had a season pass (but the lowest one with tons of blackout dates). Every time I invited him, he'd be there, no questions asked and would pay the blackout price with a smile on his face. So for about a year we would go twice a month with a bunch of people, and I was always happy when he came because he always made me laugh, he was cute, and smarter than anyone I knew at work. After I broke off my serious relationship, I told our mutual friend that I really liked Aaron but I didn't think I was his type, I just got out of a serious relationship (I didn't want him as a rebound), we had a bit of an age difference (I'm four years older), and i would be crushed if he didn't like me.
Well our friend spilled the beans to him when we were all out ice skating, and when we all left in our cars, Aaron called and said he felt the same way about me and was so happy to find out the same. All of our fears were mutual and were null and void because we both liked each other, age didn't matter, and he wasn't a rebound by any means. We started dating a week later and have been together ever since. Our second date was at Disneyland, it was raining, super cold, and no umbrella, but it didn't matter, we knew that this one of our best trips ever and he told me later that he knew that he was in love with me when we just stood in the rain, by the turnstiles, in front of train station on main street. This would later be a spot we always would go to and have a quick kiss to remind us how special this all was to us.
Aaron is a showstopper, he goes out of his way to make anything happen and what I love about him the most is how thoughtful he is with everything he does and the details matter the most to him. He got us invited to club 33 (my first time ever) and it was one of my most amazing Disney experiences I ever had. We still talk about that very trip on valentines to this day!
I've already typed more than I thought I would.. Let's skip to the engagement...

Just like every Saturday, we go to Disneyland. So this Saturday wasn't any different except his birthday was last Wednesday and we were going to celebrate. We went in the morning, met some friends, had some drinks at traders SAMs and then said good bye to our friends around 3pm. He proceeds to take me to build a bear and he has me make a bunny because he keeps telling me, "I want you to always remember today with this bunny."

What an odd thing to say!!!!

So we make this cute bunny and we walk it to the car and he wanted to go back into Disneyland to hit some rides before our dinner reservation for his birthday celebration. We walk in, he takes me to our spot in the front and tells me that this is where he knew he loved me. He takes my hand, walks me thru the crowd to a spot that we went to alone, on accident, when we came with a big group and I joked and said, " oh great, I'm stuck with YOU!" , we laughed about that time and we walks me over to snow whites fountain. He tells me that he loved me even more when he saw me with his younger sisters here during a mickey's Halloween party one year ( I adore this family btw). Again, he grabs my hand and walks me to tarzans treehouse. Why the treehouse?!?!? So we stand there and then a guest relations cast member comes up to us and asks us to follow him. I was in complete shock at this point. He walks to an elevator, the one by pirates of the carribean, OMG, we are going into the dream suite. OMG.
Our guide shows us the entire suite, this has always been a dream for Aaron and I to be in this suite and we are actually in it. Each room has a special "kiss goodnight" effect that makes the room come alive, I was still in shock. He shows us the living room area and this clock that goes off every hour with different tone and song that makes elements in the room interact with the song. I'm looking at the clock when it's playing cinderella's a dream is a wish your heart makes and Aaron gets down on one knee. omg omg omg.
He tells me that he loves me very much and how much he loves waking up next to me and would like that to be forever.
Then he asks me.
I'm in tears and say yes.
He hands me a Tiffany's box and tells me to open it and give it back, then he takes the ring out and puts it on my finger.
I was in heaven.
Our guide asks if we would like to watch Fantasmic front the Dream Suite balcony.
Uh...YES!
So we sit on the balcony and watch a show we seen a hundreds times but as an engaged couple and with the most perfect view. Again, I was in heaven with the love of my life.
Then, he takes us downstairs and walks us to Club 33, the last surprise of the night and we have an amazing dinner with special champagne and a dessert I can have (I'm lactose intolerant).
Walking out of the park, I was still in shock and so happy to have such an amazing man in my life, now and forever.

So the planning begins... Disneyland wedding for sure.
We had our first appointment on the phone, I was out sick from work but we got an idea of what we want and submitted a date for next October but after meeting with the families, we are back to the drawing board and working on trying to get a better date that isn't a week day.

I'll post some pictures ASAP and also ideas but for now.... It's back to start...here we go...

Congrats! Sounds amazing!

I look forward to hearing all about your planning and everything else, as I am considering a Disneyland wedding for 2013!

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter