AAP and Hagrid's experience

casjen

DIS Veteran
Hi. We were able to ride Hagrid's with the AAP and wanted to provide feedback for anyone thinking of riding who needs the pass. We were there the day Hagrid's didn't open until 3:30pm. No return times are given until the ride officially opens. So if it says "delayed" or "Weather delay" no return times are given.

Of course we had given up and walked all the way to the parking garage and into our car when the ride opened. So we walked all the way back and at 4:15 our return time was 6pm. We got the last "6pm" slot. The ride had a posted 120 minute wait. So we waited most likely longer than people in the regular line as an FYI (see below for more info). I don't mind that, just an FYI to anyone using the pass. When we were let into the que the return time for AAP was 8:45 pm as an FYI. The return times are given in "windows" and when they're full, the ride is "at capacity" for anyone and everyone. I'm fine with that, but that's an FYI.

When we returned we were sent through a separate line which I am guessing will be EP line one day. We merged with the regular line where the "caves" are and the room with the motorbikes revving overhead. We use the AAP for sensory issues and anxiety so even this was a challenge for my son who used coping strategies to make it to the loading area. I give this info as an FYI. If you have a person who can't handle small spaces or loud revving engines be sure to tell the cast member checking you in. Maybe you can join the line later. Also, this is where everyone with the "Ruby" fastpass from the morning was also entering the line so it may have been longer than normal. We waited 30 minutes from joining the line to loading. Again, this is an FYI. We did not expect to walk right on.

The ride was amazing and my son loves coasters I think bc the speed feels so good. It was incredibly smooth and fast. You do go into a few darkish areas but you are immersed in the ride and it didn't seem to bother him.

We would love to ride it again someday it was fantastic.

I agree. We also entered at the caves and it is extremely loud. The noise bounces about terribly and we were behind a very loud Latin American group. My 15 yo gson w sensory/anxiety issues found the loud cave and loud overhead motorbike que area extremely hard to handle. It took all he had, all his coping skills and dosing of a fast acting medication to endure these waits. He almost bailed when we were so close. But we convinced him to hang in. He loved the ride but immediately after he required a long, long period of quiet down time to recover.
I truly appreciate the aap from Universal but for him, most of even those lines were too long and far to loud for him. We did also have ep for the trip. The waiting of 30 min or so wasn't the problem for him it was really the crowded, super loud packed in ques he found intolerable. We still had a great time but it was super challenging for him and us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter