Aaa

AAA gets you discounts on meals in the park and citywalk excluding Emerils. Also at the shops. Show your card when you make a purchase (any) and to your waiter/waitress at check time. There are also AAA rates at all three onsite hotels.

i have AAA card and know you will get a 10% discount on food, merch in the parks and at city walk for some places.

earlier this year i bought the ap
the discounts are deeper with the ap

also have the universal master card.
you will get the same 10% discount as you would with the AAA card in the parks.

FYI, when we went last week, they were giving out coupons with your tickets, and sometimes the discounts in the coupons beat what you could get with AAA (15% vs 10%) so keep an eye peeled for that!

Zsa Zsa said:
FYI, when we went last week, they were giving out coupons with your tickets, and sometimes the discounts in the coupons beat what you could get with AAA (15% vs 10%) so keep an eye peeled for that!

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup2

The biggest discount with AAA is for the onsite hotels. Many are using the AAA code and saving a ton of money. For my past two visits, I used it. And I recently bought the 2 years for 1 preferred passes at the local AAA office.

i book my onsite hotel with my AAA card.

at the time i book, it is cheaper with AAA than with the pap.

last year the ap price dropped lower than the AAA price that i was holding.

i am not always on line to catch the changes and i don't call as often as i could to check on the ap / aaa rates once i make my ressie.

2 years ago i did try to change my aaa rate to the aph rate (would buy the ap then if it worked out on room rate) but i was told all the rooms at that ap rate were already gone.

so, i stick with the aaa discounted rate as it is a sure thing.

Fan2CSkr said:
AAA gets you discounts on meals in the park and citywalk excluding Emerils. Also at the shops. Show your card when you make a purchase (any) and to your waiter/waitress at check time. There are also AAA rates at all three onsite hotels.

So, 10% off merchandise in the shops? Sounds great. Are those shops in the parks only or city walk as well?

Do you book your trips through AAA or by yourself using your AAA card? I am not a great travel planner and usually let AAA plan everything, like hotel, airfare, tickets, etc.

Nank said:
Do you book your trips through AAA or by yourself using your AAA card? I am not a great travel planner and usually let AAA plan everything, like hotel, airfare, tickets, etc.

you can call and have the AAA travel agent book everything for you.
when you book directly with them, you get perks.

luggage tags, disney diamond parking pass and beverage at the lounge. not sure what at universal for parking though.

AAA can set up the entire trip for you.

but for me, i do it all myself. 90% of the fun of my trip prior to going is the planning. i call universal vacations and set up the room ressie. i tell them my AAA number and the discount is applied.

Zoemakes5 said:
So, 10% off merchandise in the shops? Sounds great. Are those shops in the parks only or city walk as well?

10% off in the shops and in the resturants with the AAA card.

some places in city walk honor the discount also. you will see the AAA emblem in the window. you can check with any AAA office to find out the specific ones if you wish.

what i do is take my dueling dragons mug that i bought in 1996 to universal when i go. they have a program that you get refills for about $1.25 if you have a universal mug. i order a refill and then show my AAA card and get a 10% discount on top of that.

this year i bought the bealls promo 2 year pap and will get 20% discount off of that $1.25 refill...........yes, i am thrifty...... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter