• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAA vs. Regular travel Agent.......

More ugh & stupid, stupid TA. I am so frustrated. I emailed my TA about the upcoming promotion & my concerns about taking advantage of it (ie. her not being able to call at 7am--that I would call myself & just book a whole new package & then cancel the AAA etc). Here's what she said:

Hi Laurie,

I sent you a note regarding this as I did talk to Walt Disney about. They did ask me where you saw this ad. I wont be in the office until 8:30AM on THurs. Will carll Disney to check on the promo then, or I can see if they will acknowledge it Wed nite.

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

We are looking at the room only AAA discount vs. a package discount. Can anyone give me a rough discount for a package, mod or value???? Wondering if it is worth it overall...thanks!

DisneyGeek2000 said:
I think that Mary has a friend inside Disney...

That may be but on this particular offer she thanked the TA that she recommends so I think that is where she got the information.

kjs1976- we are going feb 1st for 7 nights at POP. I had AAA room only and was going to buy hopper tix from ticketmania. the package released today was the same price for room and tix and it includes water parks and more option and the planet hollywood meal voucher. our total for 2 adults was $952. So if you dont want want hoppers or water parks it can be 60.00 less to book separate, but we want the hopper anyway, so everything else is just a perk at the same price.

d4est said:
More ugh & stupid, stupid TA. I am so frustrated. I emailed my TA about the upcoming promotion & my concerns about taking advantage of it (ie. her not being able to call at 7am--that I would call myself & just book a whole new package & then cancel the AAA etc). Here's what she said:

Hi Laurie,

I sent you a note regarding this as I did talk to Walt Disney about. They did ask me where you saw this ad. I wont be in the office until 8:30AM on THurs. Will carll Disney to check on the promo then, or I can see if they will acknowledge it Wed nite.

Waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

I would rebook..she doesn't sound like she knows a hill of beans @@ All the online agencies who specialize in WDW and that are frequently mentioned on here are very very knowledgable about discounts..and are up at 7am or earlier to book. Id hate to leave my vacations in the hands of someone who isnt motivated to work for me :guilty:

Mainestreetpixie said:
I would rebook..she doesn't sound like she knows a hill of beans @@ All the online agencies who specialize in WDW and that are frequently mentioned on here are very very knowledgable about discounts..and are up at 7am or earlier to book. Id hate to leave my vacations in the hands of someone who isnt motivated to work for me :guilty:
I am soooooooooo tempted. I am not sure about cancellation fees, though. My 45 day mark isn't until Dec. 15th. Anyone know about cancelling thru AAA with a package? I have already paid $600 towards it.

d4est said:
I am soooooooooo tempted. I am not sure about cancellation fees, though. My 45 day mark isn't until Dec. 15th. Anyone know about cancelling thru AAA with a package? I have already paid $600 towards it.
I think it depends on the AAA office.

Well, it will be so crappy if my local AAA charges like that. It would cost me $75! The only reason I want to cancel is so I can switch to someone who actually knows ANYTHING about Disney. The woman I am currently working with doesn't have a clue and is actually getting an attitude (as though she is frustrated by my calling her). I just want our first Disney trip to go smoothly. Is that too much to ask? Should I have to pay an extra $75 for "smooth?"

Sorry, just venting...

Posted this on another thread but thought it may be of interest here also.

Plans for CBR (value season) x 7 days in January w/ king bed, MYW Pkg w/ Dining & 10 day park hoppers.

Website quote $ 2,238.20
AAA quote $ 1,993.00
New Disney quote w/ code YRD $ 2,022.00 (phone call to CM)

AAA still comes out ahead. In Sept or Oct. when last set of codes released, AAA had a special code that AAA could apply which lowered AAA packages. Sure hope this type of code is released again.

My AAA TA from MidAtlantic AAA on line services was already on lookout for code on Thurs. She been very knowledgable & helpful so far. Just emailed her to let her know of this info but since it was after 6PM when I saw it, I don't expect to hear from her until tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed. If further code applied, I may consider applying the savings to a No Expiration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter