AAA tickets and free parking

Pooh Girl 71

<font color=red>Good looking, half naked men and c
So, I've read that one can get free parking at Disneyland if you buy tickets from them. I went over to AAA and they had NO idea what I was talking about. Though they did look up the info and found out that the ticket does come with free parking. Can any of the experts here tell me HOW one gets free parking? Is there a pass or do you show your AAA card? TIA!

I know in the past when we've gotten packages through AAA it came with a variety of things, ie trading pins, luggage tags, and yes, free parking. It's a certificate type thing. We've never used it though because we've always stayed within walking distance.

We have used these tickets in the past and are using them this trip. The back of the ticket says free parking in Mickey and Friends parking garage. We showed the tickets to the attendant. Since we are staying in Garden Grove (about 2 or 3 miles away) we made sure we got some with parking. I am done with shuttles!! :rotfl:

We were looking at a December trip and you have to buy the tickets at AAA to get the free parking. The package through them actually comes from Disney and does not include free parking.

Even though AAA books their packages through WD Travel Company, I agree with PinkBudgie. The passes you get with the AAA package are noted as "AAA passes" with free parking at Mickey and Friend's parking garage. You show one of your passes each time you enter the garage, and they wave you through.

I just went into my AAA account as though to book Disney.

Onsite got this description of a package for mid-October:

CLOSE

Disney's Resort Magic package 2008

Disney's Resort Magic Package from AAA Vacations® upgrades you and your family with accommodations at a Disneyland® Resort Hotel, where you'll be just steps away from Disneyland® Resort attractions.

Package Includes:

Accommodations at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa, the Disneyland® Hotel, or Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel
Disneyland® Resort Hotel self-parking, recreational facilities and Fitness Center access
Collectible Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir ticket.
Disney Character Calls - Receive a phone call from Crush!
One Magic Morning into Fantasyland in Disneyland® Park*; valid with Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir tickets of 3-Days or longer.
Preferred seating to select shows in Disney's California Adventure® Park
New! Priority viewing at at Disney's California Adventure® Park.
Collectible Dream Coin (one per package)
AAA Vacations® Collectible Pin and Lanyard (one per person)
AAA Vacations® Luggage Tag
AAA Vacations® Diamond Fun Card (one per package)
AAA Vacations® FREE Parking at Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks

For offsite got this:

Disney's Good Neighbor Magic package 2008
Disney's Good Neighbor Magic includes a stay at a nearby hotel, Preferred seating at select shows in Disney's California Adventure® and more.
Package Includes:

Accommodations at a conveniently located Disneyland® Resort Good Neighbor Hotel
Collectible Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir ticket
Disney Character Calls - Receive a phone call from Crush!
One Magic Morning into Fantasyland in Disneyland® Park*; valid with Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® souvenir tickets of 3-Days or longer.
Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness - An interactive Guest and Character experience.
Preferred seating to select shows in Disney's California Adventure® Park
New! Priority viewing at at Disney's California Adventure® Park.
Collectible Dream Coin (one per package)
AAA Vacations® Collectible Pin and Lanyard (one per person)
AAA Vacations® Luggage Tag
AAA Vacations® Diamond Fun Card (one per package)
AAA Vacations® FREE Parking at Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks

To see if it's a different promotion than is going on now, I threw in late July, and still got the "AAA Vacations® FREE Parking at Disneyland® Resort Theme Parks" in the list of package bennies. Threw in December and got the same.

So SK, one of us is being given wrong info. :scared:

So, the admission tickets have the free parking on it? Thanks! Now I need to go back to AAA and tell them how to do their job

Yeah, I think many of the AAA folks here in California have the DL benefits down pretty well, but seemingly less so the further away you get.

This past Feb I needed an extra hopper ticket, in there disneyland booklet that you can pick up it shows on a page where you can just buy the tickets. I called our local office and they ordered me the 5 day hopper along that came with it was the free parking, the diamond card for discounts in the DTD and a voucher for the free refillable mug offer that they had going on.

If I were you I would go in the local office grab one of the Disneyland booklets where it gives you descriptions of the hotels etc.. and on a page it should show the price of tickets and how to order them without the whole package. If a office says something different call another one.

Yet another example of someone not knowing their stuff. When I asked the AAA person if parking was included with the package, she said it wasn't because they got the tickets through Disney.

Just go into the local office where you buy the tickets, turn them over, and point it out to them on the back. It is white lettering on a black stripe. I used AAA tickets last time - two or three years ago, and I think even before that. So this is not a new thing or a special thing. They've been doing it for years. :confused3

Thanks for the info! I will be sure to point it out to them

So, the admission tickets have the free parking on it? Thanks! Now I need to go back to AAA and tell them how to do their job

Poohgirl, this is funny. I just called my AAA agent yesterday and asked about the bennies of buying tix thru them. Oddly she was the Disney expert of the office. She had no idea what I was talking about. I said nevermind I will come to the office and pick them up tomorrow. WOW! We know more about their job then they do it seems.
I did find out that if i pick up the tix in the office I get a cheaper rate.Their website sells 2 day PH tix for about $ 132.00 each. She told me the cost is $122.oo each if i pick them up there. I will be there today!:rotfl: Gives me more Disney Dollars to spend,lol.

I wonder if she made a mistake about the price. Everytime I looked, the price was always the same, just the parking was free.

It just occured to me, maybe only the Calif. AAA has free parking? That doesn't sound right, but maybe you can report back what your tickets say. Be sure to check the back of the tickets before you leave the office.

Anyway, would love to know what price you end up getting.:)

Well the lady looked it up on their intranet site and it didn't say anything about free parking being limited to CA AAA members. I will definately take a look at the tix and report back

I wonder if she made a mistake about the price. Everytime I looked, the price was always the same, just the parking was free.

It just occured to me, maybe only the Calif. AAA has free parking? That doesn't sound right, but maybe you can report back what your tickets say. Be sure to check the back of the tickets before you leave the office.

Anyway, would love to know what price you end up getting.:)
Okay I purchased my tickets yesterday and they were indeed $122.00 for each 2 day parkhopper. ON the back it says free parking at Mickey and friends parking lot. Hope this helps!

Oh good! I knew it couldn't just be Calif. Good deal on the tickets too. :thumbsup2 Thanks for the update!

My mom worked for our local AAA office (Lynnwood, WA close to Seattle) for almost 15 years and was the Disney expert of the bunch. YES, you do get FREE parking when you buy your tickets from AAA, any AAA office, anywhere. It's a voucher type deal that they give to you with your tickets. You do not have to buy a package, only the tickets in order to get free parking. Like another person said, you just show your voucher at the enterence and they waive you through. It's been a couple years since I went (pre-baby) but last time I had no problems at all! :thumbsup2

have always gotten our tickets from AAA & have always gotten free parking. We just show them the tickets and they let you in. No problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter