AAA rate May 7 sold out

fun & fancy free

DIS Veteran
I am curious how many people are booked at WL on May 7 2005? I have been told by 2 CM's that that date is sold out. I find this odd because it is so far off. I guess I am not the only Mom planning so far ahead or is it that date is not avail. for a reason?

:wave: :wave2: princess: princess:

We are booked for POR during that time with the AAA rate. We booked back in July. I have been told by our agent that they are selling out fast for that weekend. Good Luck!

Rubyprincess:

Maybe they are selling out because it's the first weekend of the 50th anniversary celebration for Disneyland? The kickoff day around the world is 5/5/05, but that's a Thursday. Maybe people won't be arriving until Saturday?

This is going to be a BIG weekend for WDW (and other parks). I've been trying to spread the word (sometimes to death ears) that if you plan to go the first week of May you need to make those ressies NOW. I made my ressies in July for my trip for the first two weeks of May and actually had trouble getting the first week (April 30-May 7). I did get it (at a CM discount) but only through the family discount and not the normal CM discounted room. I called and asked why it said that on my confirmation and was told that the regular CM rooms were not available/gone already. I would guest that regular discounted rooms for that weekend are going to be hard to find.

I just made my ressies today for May 7-14. I am gald I did seeing that it is selling out already.:earsgirl:

Poly and GF concierge level rooms are sold out for that time period (well at least last time I checked) What do you think about AP or Disney Visa discounts for that time? Do you think it's going to be really crowded? Maybe I should plan for a different time.

I'm with you, N2mm. I made my ressies in July and switched to AAA discount for the Contemporary tower 2 weeks ago.

Just to play it safe, we just made our reservations for May 7-14, 2005 at the AAA discount. We ended up with $321.12 a night instead of $356.80. We saved $249.76 with the 10% off we got.

Thanks for the heads up,

I could not get AAA for Poly GV on any of my nights (may 7-15)...have rack rate. I was hoping for less crowds at beginning of May, and did no realize it was the celebration back when I booked (may of this year). How crowded will it be????

Does the Flower and Garden Festival start the first week in May too? Or does it start at the end of April? I can't remember.:crazy:

I believe the F&G starts in April (not sure of the exact date).

thanks to all for the info. Now that I have read all these post I am alittle nervous. I too was hoping for AP or Disney Visa discount but if it is that big a weekend then I dought any will be offered. My family has always gone either the 1st or 2nd week in May with very little crowds. I'm thinking it will much more crowded than we are used to. Where can I find more info on the big 50th weekend?

Thanks Animallover for thew link. It says that this is a year long celebration. That does give me some relief. Oh well, we will just have to wait and see. I already bought my airline tickets and made my room only ressie's. No turning back now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter