AAA questions?

breakingd_awn

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know what the AAA obc is for transferring your reservation is? We'd like to do a 5 day in 2014, but will book a dummy date for 2013. Will it carry over?I've always gone with DU.

Does anyone know what the AAA obc is for transferring your reservation is? We'd like to do a 5 day in 2014, but will book a dummy date for 2013. Will it carry over?I've always gone with DU.

AFAIK, the only thing AAA has with Disney was if they did any bookings for you during the month of January. I don't think they have any kind of regular OBC.

:cutie:

It may vary based on what part of the country you live in. However, we got a photo package (worth about $70) for booking an oceanview cabin. A smaller photo package is offered for inside cabins. No dollar amount OBC through AAA.

We got $100 OBC and a fruit basket upon arrival.

I'm sorry, but there is fruit all over the ship...and if there is any left, you cannot take it back to Port Canaveral. While it might be a nice gesture, it's a total waste! Go with more OBC any day.

The photo package thing is nice--but it specifies a number and sizes of photos. You can't alter that. If you buy the CD, any additional photos would be 1/2 price, but because this is a deal DCL has done with AAA, you still get only the specified photos--basically your "reward" has been cut in half. A year or so ago they did a package that included floats at Castaway Cay, alcoholic beverages, etc. Again....what if you don't do alcohol?

I'll stick with good old OBC that I can spend any way I choose. And agents who know what they are doing--my local AAA people don't have a clue. THey knew only what they could read on their computer screen.

I totally agree with kcashner. I loved my AAA agent and she happened to be extremely knowledgible in Disney. I liked her so much that I didn't care about the perks of booking with places that offered OBC over AAA. However, she has since retired and her replacement was absolutely useless.

I did think it was odd that they gave a fruit basket last year. But at least this year the photo package is a little better. I've learned after this go around with this AAA agent, that I'm never booking with them again. A good TA is worth their weight in gold.

I got a better deal with AAA both times I have gotten quotes from DU. BUT, one part of our deal had to do with our location-$100 (you would have to check what your premier benefits are-they are good in my area, and you have to be a premier member), we also got an extra $50 per person for booking in January-Disney month -which was $200) Then we will get whatever the current AAA "perk" is, weather it is the photo package in 2013 we shall see. Plus we get the regular $25 and $75 Disney obc's.

So we will get $300 back from AAA in the form of checks once we make our final payment (plus the gift on board from them and our Disney obcs)

Which is better than the $250 that Dreams unlimited offered us.

We get the $100 every year as long as the cruise is over $3000 (not sure under that as ours have always been over)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter