• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAA Questions

MinnieMom

Because everyone needs a little magic in their lif
I had a whole great trip planned for the family and due to financial circumstances we're going to have to scale back :guilty: Stinks, I know, but that's ok . . . we're still going to be in Disney!!

Anyway, I'm not currently a AAA member, but I've been thinking about joining. What kinds of discounts do they offer? Are they good on deluxe resorts too? Vacation packages or room only? Tickets?

Oh - and will they give me a quote without being a member so I can decide if it's worth it for me to join?

Thanks so much!

You can a AAA rate on a room only through AAA travel office or directly through Disney, but you will need to be a AAA member.

If you want to get a package with a AAA discount then you need to go through AAA travel agent. I don't believe you need to be a member to get a quote, but you may need to join to actually book the trip, not sure about this.

You can call the AAA office to get a quote on pkgs.Discounts are on the room portion and usually 10-20% off rack rate depending on the season and the resort.You will need to purchase a AAA membership to purchase the pkg.If you want room only and want to book thru Disney.You may or may not need the membership number to book it, and will need the card for check in.

When I booked a room directly through Disney last week, I needed to give them the AAA number.

AAA does offer a discount on the deluxe rooms and I am sure that you can contact the local office to get a quote. You can also request one from their online travel site--I don't think you need the number to get the quote but I am not sure.

In addition to the discount, AAA has other pieces they offer as part of their package--one that we love is the Diamond parking pass. We rent a car so we can drive to the parks (my husband is not fond of the crowds on the bus) and the AAA pass allows us to park up near the front. Easy in and out! There is also a discount card you get that can save on food and entertainment.

I can tell you what AAA will save us on our July trip.

The cost of AAA was $75 for me and my DH.

The rack rate for 8 nights at CBR standard view for us would be $1833.75. (Family of four with DS22 being a third adult so $15 more per night.)

With AAA I got 10% off the room only rate (before tax) so it will cost us $1663.88.

That's a savings of $169.87. Subtract the cost of membership and we are saving $94.87 plus we have AAA coverage if something goes wrong with our car on the trip.

(We will also save $10 per night at the Hampton Inn on our trip there and also on our way home because they give AAA discounted rooms. We will drive there and back in two days each.)

So to us it is worth it, you have to do the math to find out if it is worth it to you. I did have to give my AAA number when booking.

(I'm really hoping Disney has a promotion for the month of July so we can get a better deal, but if not we have this.)

Have fun planning!:tinker:

If you are driving, you get a Diamond Lot parking pass. Even though resort guests get free parking, the diamond lot is closer to the main gates (behind the handicapped) area.

You also get a 10% discount on the World of Disney in DD (above $25 or $50).

Here is our package I booked with AAA and what it would have been if I had booked directly with DIsney..It includes.....

2 rooms POR (Alligator Bayou) 10 nights
10 day passes w/hopping & water parks
dining (1 counter, 1 table & 1 snack)

This is for 8 people DH, me, kids 17, 15, 12, 9, 7, 6

The total from DIsney $9003.39

AAA $8229.95

TOtal savaings of...$ 773.64!!!!!:cool1:

Not only will you save on your Disney Vacation (10-20% depending on the season), but you'll save much more in other area's...such as if your car breaks down, need towing, have a roadside emergency, discounts on other hotels on any trip you take, discounts on admission to other parks, museums, etc.....

dumb question alert

If you are a AAA already but didn't book through them are you still able to get the diamond parking pass?

dumb question alert

If you are a AAA already but didn't book through them are you still able to get the diamond parking pass?

It depends on your office.My local one will give it to you as long as you are a AAA member( you need to show your card).The other local one will not give it unless you book a pkg.Technically they only come with AAA purchased Disney vacation pkgs.I would call your local office and ask.

The value on the AAA membership is what how much you utilize the membership:

When I originally booked thru AAA this was the rate I got:

May 3 - 9 (6 nights)
2 A - 3 C in POR Alligator Bayou
3 Disney Adults
Basic Dining Plan
5 Day Base Tickets
$2915

I just priced it out on Disneyparks.com and the rate was $3123.86. So my savings wasn't huge, but the more people you have, more rooms, higher category of rooms, etc. the more you save.

I did switch to the 4/3 since it saved me a little bit more, but I still get the Diamond Parking Pass

Plus...

Free Character Storytime - with autograph opportunity

plus...

Free car seat rental with Hertz car rental.

In the last year I have saved over $400 with my AAA card for other items such as :

maps ($5/map) I get new ones for New England every year, plus the east coast down to Delaware so about $50/yr.
theatre/event tickets (we're saving $10 on monster truck rally tickets alone)
the free flat tire change
the free tow (@$100) for my DH
the $150 I saved on my flat screen TV
the hotel rooms I've booked on my own for when we visit MIL (@ $20/room/night)
the $25 I saved on the American Express Gift Cards I bought for Christmas,
plus I saved countless amounts at the local outlet mall where they have a show your card and save program
plus the local restaurant where I get a free kids meal with the purchase of an adult meal
and on and on...

Hi everyone! I work for AAA in the social media realm and have found DisBoards while monitoring social media.

I have to say, ya'll are awesome! The people on the Disney forums are engaged, knowledgeable and always willing to help each other out. Look at the detail you go to, telling each other how to save with AAA. That's amazing.

Thanks so much for talking about AAA and for being, well, awesome! :cheer2:

I just got a 1bdr villa at Beach Club villas for 6 nights with 6 day park hoppers and basic disney dining plan for 2 adults 1 child for $ 31oo.00. Booking thru Disney costed $3821.37I saved a nice chunk of change

I just priced it out on Disneyparks.com and the rate was $3123.86. So my savings wasn't huge, but the more people you have, more rooms, higher category of rooms, etc. the more you save.

I did switch to the 4/3 since it saved me a little bit more, but I still get the Diamond Parking Pass.

can you stack AAA and 4/3?

I almost didn't book through AAA, but I am glad I did. Had I not, I wouldn't have learned about the Dining Plan & we are so pleased with how it sounds. I think my husband is more excited about our table service meals than the actual impending trip (especially our ADR at the Yachtsman Steakhouse)!! I don't think we saved a huge amount on our trip by booking through AAA, but I do feel better knowing we have the roadside service now. :thumbsup2

Did anyone go to the AAA Disney "Meet the Experts" day at your local office? Reactions? Deals? was it worth it?

Hi everyone! I work for AAA in the social media realm and have found DisBoards while monitoring social media.

I have to say, ya'll are awesome! The people on the Disney forums are engaged, knowledgeable and always willing to help each other out. Look at the detail you go to, telling each other how to save with AAA. That's amazing.

Thanks so much for talking about AAA and for being, well, awesome! :cheer2:

Hi jgraziani!

Is there anything else about AAA that you could inform us on when it comes to Disneyworld? :)

January is Disney month with AAA.
We are planning a trip during Thanksgiving. The AAA package price was about $500 less than the quote we got from the Disney website.
They will give you a quote whether you are a member or not.

Did anyone go to the AAA Disney "Meet the Experts" day at your local office? Reactions? Deals? was it worth it?

I did the online thing and it was okay - there were online chats and stuff. I think I get more info off the DIS boards. But I got online late and kept getting kicked off because I'm having trouble with my computer so I didn't have much time to do anything before the chats were over. I didn't have time to read thru what other's had said so there could have been some really good info. I'm wishing I had gone to the AAA site itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter