• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

AAA Question

sschro3

Mouseketeer
Can you get a quote from AAA even if you are not a member? Do they do packages or just room only? My mom has AAA, or she used to....would she be able to use them to book a trip for us, or as the member would she have to be one of the people going?
Sharon

AAA will quote for members or non-members. Members receive a discount which you can get through Disney on your own. It would have to be your membership not your mothers. They will discount rooms a lot and packages some. Call and give a try.

Yes call and try. It's good to have a AAA membership.

We've booked with AAA rates and we've been instructed to arrive with our AAA card. I don't know if they check it or not, but, we'll have it with us, that's for sure. Also, we're driving to FL from MD, so, we'll have it with us anyway.

Be careful re AAA "Discount Rates". I reserved a room last March for the 20% off rooms from Dec.4-9. I went in yesterday to convert it to a package at the "AAA Discount Rate" and it came out to $200 MORE than on the Disney website. Same date, same tickets, same dining plan. I called them today and got a major runaround. The TA I worked with said she "didn't know why" it was more and that I was the THIRD client who had had that difficulty. If that was the case. you would think THEY would find out WHY. But all they care about is getting their commission. When I really pressed them for the reason, they said I was getting some "perks" like free parking (can't use it because we are using Disney Transportation) and discounts on meals (can't use it because we are on the dining plan---which THEY sold me!) I now have a complaint lodged with the BBB. Don't make the same mistake I did in believing that a AAA Discount Rate means you are actually getting a discount. You're not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter