AAA Pros

kribit

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if AAA has a schedule where they release discounted room rates? We're going in November and I noticed only a $5.00 discount per night ($145 regular rate vs. $140.50). I know it's discounted, but I've seen $116 per night for some months.

Do both of those include tax?

I bet the $145 is a before tax rate on a standard moderate room ($163 after tax), and the $140.05 is the AAA rate including tax....

Check your tax.

This is taken from the Mousesavers website. It specificies the type of discount you'll get using AAA.

AAA and CAA Resort Hotel Discounts
American Automobile Association (AAA) and Canadian Automobile Association (CAA) members qualify for "room only" discounts almost year-round, though there are a limited number of rooms available for each date. You can generally save about 10-20% at the Disney resort hotels, depending on the season.

In general, the discounts run as follows:

During Value Season you can get up to 15% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 20% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.

During Regular Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts and the Ft. Wilderness campsites.

During Peak Season and Summer Season you can usually get up to 10% off at the Disney Deluxe and Disney Vacation Club resorts, or 15% off at the Value and Moderate resorts.

The only time AAA/CAA discounts don't usually apply is Holiday Season (around Christmas) at the Value and Moderate resorts.

Thank you the Mousesavers detail is very helpful. I just didn't get the Disney $145 vs. AAA $140 (both pre-tax nightly rate). It didn't seem like much of a bargain to me. :)

Thank you the Mousesavers detail is very helpful. I just didn't get the Disney $145 vs. AAA $140 (both pre-tax nightly rate). It didn't seem like much of a bargain to me. :)

I would still double-check that $140.50 AAA rate - I would bet that it includes tax!

Also make sure the same room type is being compared too! Maybe the $140.50 is for a Water view room and the $145 is for a standard.

I've never seen AAA rates be this close to rack rates.

Do you have to call to get the AAA discount or can you put it in somewhere when booking the room online? Can you just show the card upon check in?

Do you have to call to get the AAA discount or can you put it in somewhere when booking the room online? Can you just show the card upon check in?

You need to call and have you AAA card handy, sometimes they want the number. The card should also be needed at checkin.

You cannot just show up at checkin and ask for the AAA rate if you didn't book it that way.

I would still double-check that $140.50 AAA rate - I would bet that it includes tax!

Also make sure the same room type is being compared too! Maybe the $140.50 is for a Water view room and the $145 is for a standard.

I've never seen AAA rates be this close to rack rates.

I am guessing you got a water view room at a rack rate of $165.00 and then a 15% AAA discount, which would equal to $140.25.

I had a $116.00 rate with AAA, but this was for the value season, 20% off a standard room of $145.

You need to call and have you AAA card handy, sometimes they want the number. The card should also be needed at checkin
FYI, I just called to change my room only and they DID ask me for my AAA #. I have made many many room only ressies and that is the first time they ask for it. They also have never asked me at check in although I have made signficantly more ressies than actual trips...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter