AAA Member Discount Questions

kiwicake

Earning My Ears
I've never used my AAA card for discounts because I never knew about it! :sad:

So I have a few questions I hope some of you could answer for me. :goodvibes

Does anyone know what the discount is for park tickets?
How much is the discount?
Is there any place or items or restaurants in the parks that I cannot use the discount on?
Can you use the discount on parking at the park?

Thanks so much ahead of time! :worship:
:disrocks:
:thanks:
:grouphug:

I don't believe there is a AAA discount at the parks for tickets. You'd have to check with your individual AAA office to see what they are selling their tickets for. It seems to vary.

You can't use AAA for a discount for parking. You also have to spend a certain amount of money for each purchase to get the discount. It used to be $50, I believe.

They gave me a 10% discount at all the counter service places and shops. No minimum purchase. They would not take it in any harry potter themed areas.

a few places in city walk honor the aaa for the 10% discount.

i usually use my AP for the discounts but do use my AAA a few times each trip for park discounts.
both have the same 10%.

i know about that thread but maybe i was lucky when i showed my AAA card in october.

didn't have restrictions of the $50 amount.

if that would have happened, i would then have showed my preferred AP

I don't believe there is a AAA discount at the parks for tickets. You'd have to check with your individual AAA office to see what they are selling their tickets for. It seems to vary.

You can't use AAA for a discount for parking. You also have to spend a certain amount of money for each purchase to get the discount. It used to be $50, I believe.

I know the online quote is the exact same as Universal's site. I'll have to stop in and check with my office... Hopefully there is an actual discount...

Do you guys know if you have to buy park tickets with AAA to use the 10% discount? Or does it work no matter where you buy your park tickets from as long as you spend $50 (before tax)? Is it really true it doesn't work in the Harry Potter area? :(

They gave me a 10% discount at all the counter service places and shops. No minimum purchase. They would not take it in any harry potter themed areas.

This, there is no minimum discount in the restaurants, I believe a recent change though did put the $50 minimum in stores.

I'm pretty sure it's not hard spending $50 popcorn:: But can you really not use the discount in Diagon alley and Hogsmeade? I could totally spent a bit too much cash there.. pixiedust: :laughing:

Do you guys know if you have to buy park tickets with AAA to use the 10% discount? Or does it work no matter where you buy your park tickets from as long as you spend $50 (before tax)? Is it really true it doesn't work in the Harry Potter area? :(

It works no matter where you buy your tickets. I would call Loews to get their price for the hotel with the AAA discount. I've heard of people getting different quotes from Loews directly vs. online with AAA.

Fast Food Blvd in Springfield gave me a 10% discount for lunch. Only spent about $12.

Does anyone know if the discount really works at Diagon alley and Hogsmeade? The restaurants there? The stores? Food carts? :scared: Any little bit we save on our trip the better! My brother is an extreme Potterhead and he is going to go nuts!:banana: pixiedust: We are going for one day and aren't staying on property with no express pass.... But we are going to be dining at the Leaky Cauldron and The Three Broomsticks. I have a feeling he is going to raid Honeydukes and Fred and George's trick shop...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter